• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  that's all i've got to say, any
    Leilan
    It’s one of the things he likes about her, he thinks - she has no low self esteem, and knows what’s she’s worth. Of course, humble is a description he doesn’t apply to her, but by her tone, he doesn’t think she really does, either.

Her blue eyes get an impish tone and he wishes he hadn’t seen that, because it reminds him of her mother more than the rest of her looks. Still, she is already turning, so he also reminds himself that she didn’t show memories of her biological dam, and he doesn’t want to press it unto her. Besides, his curiosity is burning enough, and when she says ‘looking for someone’, he understands the underlying tone of that ‘someone’. Her bitter notion that they don’t want to be found only amplifies his suspicions. She doesn’t want his help in searching, so he doesn’t pry in the who or what. ”If they were easy to find, they wouldn’t be interesting enough to look for.” he says, but doesn’t expect an answer. She has to deal with her emotions on her own. And he has long since learned to leave untouched those things that he doesn’t want ripped open or apart.

They travel in silence until they come upon another reflection, and she asks her question. Why the Festival? Why indeed. ”There’s more than one reason.” he tilts his head to gauge her, but of course she wants all of them. ”Icicle Isle still bears the scorch marks of a burning, but the world needed to see we’re no longer just a burnt cold rock in the sea, for one. It’s been a rough idea before the Eclipse happened, and the sun returning is a good excuse. Second, I needed an outlet for the new magic. And...” he shrugs, she might as well know. ”Sometimes it’s easier to make a lot of ruckus and hope for the other to come to you, instead of searching the lands one by one.”
    I see this life like a swinging vine
    swing my heart across the line

@[Aela] pfft it’s only been 9 days haha
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    that's all i've got to say, any - by Aela - 04-10-2021, 09:27 PM
    RE: that's all i've got to say, any - by Leilan - 04-16-2021, 03:47 PM
    RE: that's all i've got to say, any - by Aela - 04-17-2021, 07:21 PM
    RE: that's all i've got to say, any - by Leilan - 04-20-2021, 11:27 AM
    RE: that's all i've got to say, any - by Aela - 04-26-2021, 07:56 PM
    RE: that's all i've got to say, any - by Leilan - 05-12-2021, 07:03 AM
    RE: that's all i've got to say, any - by Aela - 05-12-2021, 05:45 PM
    RE: that's all i've got to say, any - by Leilan - 05-22-2021, 09:42 AM