• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  show me who you are

This time, she does not try to shove the hand squeezing her throat away. For the space of a breath that it is there she accepts it, lets it fuel her certainty. He lets go though, and she’s almost disappointed. She considers pushing him into hurting her, into leaving some mark, but Beyza is past the point where she wants to see him unleashed.

Once she might have pushed just for the joy of seeing his power, at seeing what he could or he would do to her. She would have enjoyed it then.

Now she only smiles coldly at his words, not feeling particularly threatened by them. Even though she very much should. She had, after all, wanted him to be as powerful as possible. Had once hoped that he would be unstoppable. Now she can only hope that he's a fraction less powerful than she is, or what she's hoping to do - protect the girls from him - will be for nothing.

“Oh I am, Jamie. I really am.” Though that’s not entirely true. She is sorry for some of it but not all. “But not this.” And though she knows he could follow if he wished, she shoves a wave of emotion at him to distract him - the love and pain and everything tearing at her insides. All the things she does not want to feel when she looks at him, she pushes it at him and then disappears in a flash of brilliant white light.

beyza

artwork by kharthian

@[jamie]