• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  show me who you are
    jamie
    I CAN’T EXACTLY DESCRIBE HOW I FEEL
    BUT IT’S NOT QUITE RIGHT
    At first he thought it was the rage that made him blind.
    The violent way the anger tore through him like a thing with teeth. Cracked his ribs, took him to his knees with the way it punched holes in his lungs. 

He felt them, the dark things that retreated.
    His family slithering back into the shadows, out of reach. 
    And he cried out for them, gnashing his shark teeth, lunging into the dark places as the sun returned and bathed all the world in light again. 

The light touched them all but could not touch him, not like the others. When darkness finally fell, the glow flickered. Faulty. Something sinister.

He douses it the first night, surrenders himself to absolute darkness, revels in the rage that courses through him. Gone is whatever softness the daughters had coaxed out of him. Gone is whatever fondness he’d felt for their mother and the sacrifices she had made for him. 

When the sun rises again it brings with it a fresh wave of anger and it is even fiercer than the first. He sucks in a sharp, wheezing breath and emerges from the shadows where he spent most of his youth and goes to find her. He makes no effort to use the aid of magic to locate her, he allows his anger to carry him across the miles of desert until he happens upon her.

He does not stop, does not pause or hesitate, he immediately reaches for her with an invisible hand and closes it promptly around her throat. (It is not this simple, of course. It is dark magic as he reaches into the soul of her and clamps dark fingers around her life force.)

What have you done?” he demands, loud enough that his voice echoes in the canyon. 

AND IT LEAVES ME COLD

@[Beyza] not me already crying lmao

Messages In This Thread
    show me who you are - by Beyza - 04-13-2021, 04:28 PM
    RE: show me who you are - by jamie - 04-14-2021, 10:17 PM
    RE: show me who you are - by Beyza - 04-17-2021, 08:16 PM
    RE: show me who you are - by jamie - 04-20-2021, 10:32 PM
    RE: show me who you are - by Beyza - 04-28-2021, 04:26 PM
    RE: show me who you are - by jamie - 05-18-2021, 02:17 PM
    RE: show me who you are - by Beyza - 05-18-2021, 03:24 PM
    RE: show me who you are - by jamie - 05-19-2021, 09:35 PM
    RE: show me who you are - by Beyza - 05-24-2021, 03:34 PM