• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  this is going to bring me clarity | Mazikeen
    Mazikeen
    There’s an immense sense of satisfaction in pinning him, in having him beneath her but her mind is fraying too much to enjoy it. And then there’s the grumbled words - particularly the sense of humour phrase and she’s nearly sent into the rage where she loses everything. She snarls, snapping her gleaming jaws in warning.

A warning about what, Maze? Are you going to kill him for making a fool of you?

She dances along the edge of the rage instead - instead of losing control of her mind she loses control of her tongue. Mazikeen is pressing down on him with all her weight as she shouts. “I'm glad that hurt! You know what else did? When I lost my shifting - the thing I was scared of most? It was that my friends would think I was lessened, not worth their time. That they’d see I was nothing without it. And then you…” She inhales, and the words that she speaks next are quieter but no less filled with fire. “I know you thought you were doing what was best because of the curse but you hurt me, Gale. Everyone else - even Breach and the pack - accepted me without my shifting but you pushed me away instead and I learned all my fears were true. And now you've done it again. I knew it was dumb to hope...” Mazikeen shoves off of him then, retreating a few steps to the side - her feline head angled slightly away to keep him in her periphery but to spare herself from looking directly at the aftermath of having just spewed more words than she had ever intended on the subject.

She thinks she really might kill him if he laughs. Even though he should, she was still making a fool of herself. All of that should have stayed locked up. He didn’t deserve to know how much that had meant to her, how much he meant to her. Maybe her horns would grow into her brain and relieve her of her senses so she could live in ignorant bliss.

Her next words are a low hiss as the light continues to burn across her skin, her short tail flicking in irritation and her entire body tense as she turns her fiery attention back to him. "So why don't you explain to me exactly what's supposed to be so fucking funny about that.”

@[Gale]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this is going to bring me clarity | Mazikeen - by Mazikeen - 04-14-2021, 08:14 PM