• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  barefoot lady running next to me

H A L C Y O N
    but i never call you mine,
    barefoot lady running next to me
    you're so wild like water in the creek,
    running 'round like water running free

The strait that divides Ischia from mainland Beqanna is icy despite the early weeks of autumn. It draws a shocked gasp from the tiger's open maw, enveloping his sleek feline frame in its chilling grasp as he paddles as swiftly as he can through the waters. The sea, while choppy, is nowhere near as tumultuous as the day Titanya had nearly severed his head from his body for foolishly adventuring beyond the breakwater.

Much like that day, Halcyon traverses the water without fear of drowning, though he is notably fatigued by the time he reaches the humid shores of Tephra. With breath heavy from exertion, the orange and black tiger stretches and rolls in the sand and short shrub brush beside the ocean, allowing himself a few moments to enjoy the quiet solitude away from home. When he has stretched his aching muscles and returned to his paws, the tiger affords himself one quick glance back at the horizon where he knows Ischia to sit before moving eastward into the jungle foliage of Tephra.

He moves covertly over the soft ground with near perfection; rarely was the man in equine form, having always felt more comfortable in the skin of a predator. He is attentive to the sounds around him but proceeds in no dedicated direction - whatever catches his fancy, he follows. Memories of similar excursions with Titanya at his side occasionally find their way into his thoughts, and although they feel bittersweet for now, he does naught to push them away.

To love her is to accept her wild.

At some point in his exploring, the tiger happens upon a glowing lavaflow. He approaches it, curious but wary, before realizing that someone stands on the embankment across from him. Pressing his half-circle ears forward, the tiger-shifter offers a reserved smile to the stranger.

"Hello," he sits uncertainly upon his hindquarters, long feline tail darting behind him as he inspects the stranger on the other side of the lava. It takes Halcyon a moment to fully realize that he has intruded upon Tephra. Ischia may be a subsidiary of the volcanic jungle, but that likely does not give him permission to travel about the territory unattended.

"Sorry," he says finally, "If I've intruded. I just needed to get away from Ischia for a while."

Open!

n | f