• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Spread my spirit like flock of crows // Obscene, Any

Kiss me again
    Kiss me until I am sick of it

There’s still a buzzing in his ears, a fog in his head. The sounds around them are starting to become clearer but her voice still remains the center of focus. He snorts in mock amusement at her first question as he responds thickly, wondering why his tongue feels too big for his mouth. “The opposite actually. They just weren’t around much growing up.” His words are honest and he wonders why he’s being so candid. It’s not something he openly admits or talks about. Shaking his head to clear his mind, to make him feel more in control of himself.

The fog is fading into a mist by the time they reach Sylva. Enough that he feels off-kilter but realizes that he’s far from the Meadow. Far from home. He wonders if his fae friends have noticed his absence, if they were worried. Probably not is the conclusion he comes to. They probably thought he was face-planted in the dirt somewhere blitzed out of his mind. Just him being his usual mess. As his red eyes scan the dark trees and washed out landscape, he can’t help but let the corner of his lip curl in disdain. This place looked diseased. He can’t remember that he had been to Sylva before because he had still been growing in the womb of his mother. Existing but not present. The woods had been more vibrant then but still infected with the type of people that call this place home. His mother had been a captive at the time, a captive to the depraved whims of her half brother who humiliated her and tortured her for his own amusement. Offspring had rescued her at the last, burning part of this forest in the process to remove her. Remove them. He had probably felt her fear, anguish, and relief back then but he can’t recall it now. It had been a long time ago when all that had happened. When he had felt his parents love.

Picking up his hooves to step around the worst of the muck, her voice calls to him again. Glancing out of the corner of his eye, he regards her warily. Obviously she had done something to make him come here. He can’t even remember the journey, can’t really remember agreeing to go anywhere. She speaks of loyalty but he’s more thinking about what he wants. She seems very determined to get to the heart of him, to figure out his greatest desire. It only makes him balk at the idea, makes him harden more. That she had lured him here already proves that she is dangerous and being a normal mortal… This could go very badly for him. So for now, he plays it safe.

“What kind of acts exactly are we talking about?” Succeeding at pulling his usual indifferent mask back over himself, making sure not to look at her directly. He’s not sure how she had enthralled him but this seemed to be the safest option so far to avoid it happening again. “All I know is how to be cruel.” It’s not a complete deception but it’s also not the whole truth, something he had picked up from the fae who could not directly lie. While he could lie and do it well, something his mortal self takes for granted, he finds avoidance to be the best tactic now. Plus, cruel can mean many things.

Obscene

@[Sabra]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Spread my spirit like flock of crows // Obscene, Any - by Obscene - 04-19-2021, 01:18 PM