• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Spread my spirit like flock of crows // Obscene, Any
    The look of disgust doesn't miss me. I can tell I've hit a nerve, and I make note of it. For now, I only pout coyly. There's no love in my heart. Not for my children, for my home, for anything. Not anymore. There is only possession, only control. It is only a lack of that that concerns me anymore. 

Which is why I let the subvertion go. He may not like me. Very few do. But I think he might be useful still, and not worth driving away. My tongue rides on my teeth feeling every ridge and crevice as I pause. Feel the age-smoothed wood on my lips as I have many times before. A flicker of something dark comes to life in the depths of my gaze, falling on him. 

"Try it," I suggest, feather soft and thin as razor wire. "Pull it out of my heart. Strong boy like you. I'm sure it'll be no trouble at all," a smile as warm as the new born sun makes my face break into infinite rainbows. 

What will happen if he tried? I'm not sure. Only one soul has ever offered to attempt it, and even he backed out in the end. I step to face him, the tip of the weathered staff grazing the hair of his chest. Provocative, inviting. All he needs to is bow his head and grasp it. 

@[Obscene]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Spread my spirit like flock of crows // Obscene, Any - by Sabra - 05-24-2021, 06:10 PM