• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  If I turn into another { any }

We'll always have each other, when everyone else is gone.

Probably not her most poised attempt at beginning her conversation, she thought, as she stood by her steely company. She wondered if she had come on too strong, as her newfound companion seemed to keep her gaze steady to the ground. At first, it seemed her unimpressed with the pale woman, it was her lopsided grin that showed her unfeigned. Whisteria's blue eyes shown with warmth for the young mare, the outer corners wrinkling slightly as she smiled in return. She could feel the pang of motherly warmth for younger equines sting her heart. She remembered nights like this, standing beneath the stars with her eldest son, Whiskaway, while they talked like this when he was about this mare's age. Better times for her, that was for sure.

When the dappled woman finally sets her icy blue gaze on Whistera, stammering a mumbled response. The air around her seeming more tense as she fluttered through her words, but Whisteria just kept her warm gaze fixed on her. Unsure if something she said had maybe upset her, a look of concern passed over her elegant white face. -- Eirlys..Eirlys...Eirlys...ok got it..,she runs the name through her mind a few times, as to not forget it. Though, she was always very good with remembering names anyway. Before she had any more time to contemplate what she may have said to darken the mood, she was taken by surprise at the shift when the steel woman let out a soft and welcoming nicker. Though confusing, Whisteria felt a flicker of admiration. Eirlys was charming, she admitted as she gave a brisk nod, the warmth returning to her eyes.

She was honestly unsure why she even let her hooves bring her here tonight. This new world was surly intimidating to say the least, and not to mention how diverse the populace was. The only thing she knew for sure, was that she was not going to let her second chance go to waste. "Well, I'm honestly debating that with myself. I hoped to find a kingdom recruiter...if that is even what they are called now..", she mused, with a honeyed voice that could ease the most aggressive viper into placidity. She had no idea how long she had been in the afterlife, especially seeing how different the world was now that she had returned to the realm of the living once more. She knew the old herds were gone, and she had yet to come across any like the ones back in what she called "The Homelands". Hell, there probably weren't even kingdom recruiters anymore, seeing how foreign this Beqanna was to the pale woman. She pushed the thought away before continuing. "Either way! I am wanting to try a new way of living, expand on myself. If that makes sense? I was hoping to join a kingdom, I spent my prior life as a herd member of Paradise Beach, though, it no longer exists... So, I decided I wanted to try living life again, make the most of it!", she said, momentarily lifted her soft blue gaze to the glimmering stars above as she spoke of her old home. She realized how much she missed it, and the family she had built in it. But she pushed the feeling aside with a swift swish of her ivory and chestnut tail, finally bringing her gaze back to reality.

Her smile glowed as she finished with a happy determined snort, a look of determination taking over. Tipping her head toward Eirlys, she nickered softly. "Trust me, after so long on my own, I am a bit rusty with socialization as well. You've definitely found yourself in a more inclusive Beqanna than the one I had known many MANY years ago. I've done a bit of exploring myself, its definitely stunning! Either way, I hope you find wonder here, like I have.", her last words filled with genuine feeling. Wondering if her companion could tell she hoped the same for herself, with this new version of her world. She had found wonder in it, but that was back then... -- This was an entirely new world, that she needed to rediscover with with an open mind.  

@[Eirlys]

ooc: sorry for the novel! I'm feeling the muse tonight haha

Messages In This Thread
    If I turn into another { any } - by Whisteria - 04-19-2021, 01:46 PM
    RE: If I turn into another { any } - by Eirlys - 04-19-2021, 02:31 PM
    RE: If I turn into another { any } - by Whisteria - 04-19-2021, 04:05 PM
    RE: If I turn into another { any } - by Eirlys - 04-19-2021, 10:54 PM
    RE: If I turn into another { any } - by Whisteria - 04-20-2021, 06:14 PM