• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  I'm running around looking for peace of mind [Oceane, Leilan, Any]

Help me out before I drown
    Save me now before I give up

His eye is closed, the mound of snow supporting his large back almost like a big comfy chair. The coldness seeps through his thick fur and he seems to purr with contentment. That all comes to a screeching halt when a familiar voice whispers his name, tight but curious. He doesn’t open that eye right away as the well-known sensation of panic rises in his chest. If his heart could beat it would be pounding. Oh shit.

Slowly the eye opens, the gold flecks landing on her squinted gaze. On the small smile that plays across her lips. It eases the panic a little, that she doesn’t seem frightened or mad. A sheepish grin seems to find its way to his own toothy mouth as he lifts a single paw and gives her a little wave. He hadn’t expected to keep his shifting a secret forever, it was inevitable and had been a well known fact long before he had gone mad and disappeared. Out of all his issues, the shifting was the easiest part of it to explain. It was everything else that made it harder, more complex and complicated.

He’s saved from having to immediately explain himself by a voice behind her. Sarcasm weaves around the friendly tone and it’s obvious the approaching stallion knows Oceane well. He takes the opportunity to sit up from the snowdrift and stands up on his back legs, towering over the horses as he shakes the snow from his fur. And then the bright white fur shrinks into a flowing flaxen mane, the chestnut flesh spreading as muscles and bones snap and remake themselves. short stubby ears turn into curved ones, his snout morphs and teeth become blunted. It only takes a few seconds to be back in his normal body and a hoof strikes at the granite that punches out from the snow, his gaze uncertain as he looks between the two of them. The brand on his flank and the one on his chest glowing brightly as the northern lights illuminate down upon them.

The large draft metallic stallion introduces himself as Leilan, the host of the party and he assumes the Isle itself. The predator within him can pick up something familiar in the other but to what exactly that is remains unknown to him. Years of diplomatic training and experience runs deep enough within him to gain his composure and he dips his muzzle slightly in greeting. “A pleasure Leilan, I’m Ledger. I appreciate the open invite, it’s been a long time since I’ve seen the snow.” A small smile remains on his lips as the one eyed stallion glances at Oceane. She’s exactly as he remembered but more beautiful then he realized, now that he was closer to her. As he’s scanning her entire body, from head to wings to tail, he doesn't think of Ellyse once and misses the importance of this.

Leilan speaks of cacti and it must be some sort of inside joke between the two of them but he inserts himself into the banter easily. “I did not. Did you?” He inquires to Oceane, his dark eye glittering with humor. There is much he wants to say to her, to ask her, but this is not the time or place. So instead, he looks back to the roan man and asks with open curiosity. “You rule this place yes? I’ve been absent from the politics of Beqanna for quite sometime and fear there’s much I’m unaware of.” His intention is clear, hoping that Leilan might casually explain the current rulers and structure of the lands since he is truly ignorant of everything he had missed. The other purpose is to serve as buffer between him and Oceane and all those explanations that he owes her and would eventually have to answer for.

Ledger

@[Oceane] @[Leilan]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm running around looking for peace of mind [Oceane, Leilan, Any] - by Ledger - 04-21-2021, 12:42 PM