• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  dawn is coming, open your eyes, any
    I shine only with the light you give me

He is not alone. The second born, the first son. He was—before.

But not now.

Not now, not now.

Her intake of air makes those black ears flitter forwards and a nose crinkle in response. Blue eyes glance at the puppy. He is not a boy familiar with dogs, but dragons. He too is not a boy of foresight, but he carries a vision shared never the less. A man of falcon wings, a woman spun of gold. A night full of star. A crashing of waves.

“Oh,” is a quiet noise created from the parting of two lips. He searches her brow like a sailor for a horizon. And becomes as a disappointed as a man at sea for one too many days. And he might have stayed sad—if he hadn't smiled instead. “It’s gone now.” A boyish observation. “Or, maybe it is hiding…” A boyish wish. His nose reaches out and gently brushes against a pearlescent mane. “Lets see if we can find it.” A boyish adventure. It begins with a quick turn and upturned heels and a laugh that should you listen closely, sounds a little like bubbles on a water’s surface. “Please?” He asks as much as he pleads. Of everyone, perhaps he knows best how lonely adventures can be.

Benjamen; my feet knew the path, we walked in the dark, in the dark
    never gave a single thought to where it might lead

image by Gary Bendig
    @[neuna]

Messages In This Thread
    dawn is coming, open your eyes, any - by neuna - 04-20-2021, 06:29 PM
    RE: dawn is coming, open your eyes, any - by Benjamen - 05-18-2021, 11:44 PM