• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  it's all up in the air and we stand still
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Gale had attempted to keep the Curse from memories of Aela the same way he has tried to keep it from the rest of his family. A sad, pathetic attempt, but an attempt just the same. It has most of the memories now, pieced together where most of Gale’s family is residing, and had intended to visit them each in time.

It had meant to do so wearing the better of the twins, but the twins haven’t been born yet and fate has dropped a blood relation of this body directly in front of it.

Should it kill her now? It smiles at the idea of consuming her heart, and with it the abilities that she’d shown in the Meadow. No, no. Mazikeen rests too near; she’d hear the sounds of a scuffle and intervene.

The alpha is a constant weight on its plans, her orange eyes ever burning into its back like a pair of hot coals. Tonight it feels a different set of eyes, and turns its navy head to see Aela. She is grinning, a sly smile that lights up her golden face, and the Curse wonders if she, too, will weigh him down.

Best to keep it casual, it decides, give her no reason to suspect. So he offers her a perfectly Gale smile, seeing a sibling that he hardly knows but appreciating the lightheartedness of her question.

“It’s hard to see the stars during the day,” says the Curse in Gale’s voice, with Gale’s same pensive expression as he looks up at the clear sky, and chatters idly like Glae is prone to doing. “I’ve been watching them move across the sky. They’re different here than in Islandres, and I recognize some from Loess.”

@[Aela]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: it's all up in the air and we stand still - by Gale - 05-16-2021, 09:01 AM