• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Play my chest like a xylophone

A laugh bubbles up his throat at her words, though it is more than a laugh. It is a thing that hides uncomfortable truths of his own, though he has always been very good at brushing them aside. “It would take much more than a few monsters to kill me.” His reply is easily spoken, filled with the light-hearted humor that masks any uncertainties he might have. Then he continues, a falsely put-upon sigh leaving his lips. “I seem to have developed the bad habit of always coming back.”

He’s never quite certain if he always will, if perhaps this time might be the last. For a man with so few insecurities, this is perhaps one of his greatest. There’s a strange sort of uncertainty in not being able to die.

But as with everything else that makes him uncomfortable, he brushes it aside. A problem to be dealt with at a later date. Always a later date.

Her next comment strikes Cassian as oddly curious however. He tilts his head, features quizzical as his gaze roves her entire form, trying to determine what she had meant. As far as he could tell, she looked perfectly alive to him. Although, perhaps she had encountered some trouble during the eclipse. This notion, much to his surprise, draws a flutter of concern from the pit of his belly.

“You seem perfectly alive to me.” he quips back lightly, though he can’t quite hide the note of disquiet. Shifting forward, he reaches out to touch the shoulder she had indicated, muzzle gently brushing the galaxy skin there. She feels as solid and real as she had last time they’d met (though he must say this is certainly more pleasant than teeth). After a moment, he withdraws slightly, brown eyes lifting to hers. “Did something happen to you… during the eclipse?”

Cassian

@[Beryl]

Messages In This Thread
    Play my chest like a xylophone - by Beryl - 04-25-2021, 06:51 PM
    RE: Play my chest like a xylophone - by Cassian - 04-27-2021, 09:17 AM
    RE: Play my chest like a xylophone - by Beryl - 05-02-2021, 04:39 PM
    RE: Play my chest like a xylophone - by Cassian - 05-04-2021, 08:46 AM
    RE: Play my chest like a xylophone - by Beryl - 05-04-2021, 06:16 PM
    RE: Play my chest like a xylophone - by Cassian - 05-07-2021, 09:05 AM
    RE: Play my chest like a xylophone - by Beryl - 05-15-2021, 11:38 PM
    RE: Play my chest like a xylophone - by Cassian - 05-17-2021, 10:08 AM
    RE: Play my chest like a xylophone - by Beryl - 05-19-2021, 12:00 AM