• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you know you're gonna need to fight
    selaphiel
    these days i don’t pray when i close my eyes
    Beqanna had been born anew, a whole new world pulled from all that darkness, but he can still smell the rot, the death the shadows left in their wake. The earth reeks with the memory of its devastation and he moves slow through the light, uncertain. Because he does not fit here either, the angel wrought from ice, though he no longer fears the moment he will be cast from his home. He does not belong in the light any more than he belonged in the darkness.

But those crevasses catch the light and he is such a brilliant glacial blue and perhaps, were he not so deeply troubled, he might be handsome as he picks his way carefully through Hyaline in search of nothing in particular. Remembering, no matter how desperately he tries not to.

And he finds her by accident, Mazikeen. He does not want to disturb whatever peace she has found out here by herself but he knows that, like her, he is a difficult thing to miss. There is little chance that she has not noticed him just as he has noticed her, so he goes to her. Quiet, quiet, quiet. As if he might contribute to her peace rather than destroy it completely.

It’s a strange thing to get used to,” he says quietly as he arrives at her side, wondering if he should draw any attention to the heaviness of her barrel, “the sun.” 

I just bite my tongue a bit harder

@[Mazikeen]

Messages In This Thread
    you know you're gonna need to fight - by Mazikeen - 04-26-2021, 05:54 PM
    RE: you know you're gonna need to fight - by Selaphiel - 05-14-2021, 06:50 PM