• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you know you're gonna need to fight
    Mazikeen
    It feels like a small accomplishment to have gotten a smile out of Selaphiel, even just a reserved one, and when Mazikeen tells him how glad she is to hear that Este is doing better the warmth in her voice leaves little doubt that she means it.

And then, back to the matter at hand. She feels a little guilty about Selaphiel’s surprise over her wanting to see him. Maybe she should’ve tried a little harder to not be so distracted with Gale over the last few months and actually spend time with the others who called Hyaline home. She wants to befriend this serious boy, wants to be more than the alpha he associates with death or the obligation to pay her back for something that had been absolutely instinctual for her. But Mazikeen has no idea how to get past that, or if it is possible.

But she can at least explain why she was hoping to see him - though now she wishes it was for something a little less depressing. “I had a question for you about… about your ability to sense death.” Her smile fades away but it’s replaced with focus and not anything negative.

She had been planning on asking Selaphiel this for a few days now, though she had not yet been able to come up with a roundabout way of asking what she wanted. So she simplifies the situation as best as she can, watching the youth carefully for his reaction. “If I needed to kill someone, but was waiting for something to change about them and I didn’t know when I needed to do it, do you think you would be able to sense on them that it was time?” Part of her is aware that if he could, it’s unfair to burden this decision on someone else. Gale had told her that it would be up to her to decide when he became too much but Mazikeen didn’t know how she was supposed to be able to make that call.

And it was only getting more complicated.

Mazikeen frowns then, but it's at herself - wondering if what she's asking makes any sense. “Or would it not be noticeable until I actually made the decision?”

@[Selaphiel]

Messages In This Thread
    you know you're gonna need to fight - by Mazikeen - 04-26-2021, 05:54 PM
    RE: you know you're gonna need to fight - by Mazikeen - 05-21-2021, 03:41 PM