• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you know you're gonna need to fight
    Mazikeen
    She’s a little disappointed but it feels right that Selaphiel says no, he would not know until she had made the decision, but she does her best not to let this show. Mazikeen nods, and it makes sense. Even if she had hoped for otherwise.

The note of sorrow in his voice and the apology is a kindness she doesn’t really deserve - especially after the question she just asked, and she offers the haloed boy what she hopes is a comforting smile. “Don’t worry about it. I don’t think it was fair for me to ask that of you anyway.” A small sigh escapes her and then Mazikeen tries to explain why she was asking this of him. Because it matters to her what Selaphiel thinks of her. “I’m not just planning murders in my spare time. I just… I offered to… to stop someone if they became a danger to others. But they might be better at concealing their actions than I originally thought so I thought maybe if there was a way to detect it, even if I missed the other signs…”

She shrugs then, looking away from the colt and to the mountainous landscape - feeling the weight of her promise settle firmly on her again. It would be her call, then. She was going to have to be the one to decide when the one she loved died.

Mazikeen supposed that was how it should be, how it was meant to be, though it certainly did not make things any easier.

Feeling the need to switch her thoughts to something else, she tries to change the subject. “I'm glad you're still here, Selaphiel. And not just so I can ask depressing questions.” There's a little bit of humour in her voice when she says this, though it's a little forced considering the weight of what they had just been talking about. So she tries to shift the conversation, tries to recover what could have been a pleasant meeting. “Have you been exploring at all since the sun came out?” There had not been much to see of Hyaline in the darkness, and not when he was trying to stay out of the way so he would not be kicked out. So she wonders if those two things changing have made any difference.

@[Selaphiel]

Messages In This Thread
    you know you're gonna need to fight - by Mazikeen - 04-26-2021, 05:54 PM
    RE: you know you're gonna need to fight - by Mazikeen - 05-22-2021, 03:47 PM