• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you know you're gonna need to fight
    selaphiel
    these days i don’t pray when i close my eyes
    For the first time in his life, confusion gives way to frustration.
    (He is confused, you see, because she moves to embrace him. As if he is the one who needs comforting. As if he is the one who has just been told that his lover will betray him in such a horrible, unforgivable way. 

And he is frustrated because the tears had sprung into his eyes in the first place and he had been powerless to stop them. Because she does not seem to understand the gravity of what he’s just told her. 

He had not been able to warn her the first time and he’s had to live with that. But he’s telling her now and she is moving to pull him into the warmth of a friendly, comforting embrace. To quell his fears, to stem the flow of his tears. 

It won’t be okay. She has survived death before but there is no way of knowing if she will survive death again.)

But he is such a soft thing, Selaphiel, and he does nothing to express his frustration. He swallows it down and allows her to embrace him while he valiantly tries to fight back the tears still pooling in those bright blue eyes. 

And when she pulls away, he searches her face. Because he cannot tell her if her lover will kill her before the birth of her children or after. He cannot tell her what will become of them, even when he casts his focus to the swell of her barrel and channels all of his energy into trying. They are protected now in her womb. He can smell nothing of them. He does not know. 

He shakes his head, forlorn, blinking rapidly. “No, I’m sorry,” he murmurs. Always so sorry, Selaphiel. Sorry that he can never give her what she asks of him. Sorry that he cannot be useful to her in the ways that she needs him to be.

He shifts his eyes back to her, holds her gaze hard and fast. “What can I do?” he asks fiercely. “How can I help you?” And there in the voice, you can hear the way his heart aches. “Say the word and I will not leave your side. I will protect you in any way I can.

I just bite my tongue a bit harder

@[Mazikeen]

Messages In This Thread
    you know you're gonna need to fight - by Mazikeen - 04-26-2021, 05:54 PM
    RE: you know you're gonna need to fight - by Selaphiel - 06-11-2021, 11:32 AM