• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[complete]  a line that never stops playing

It had not felt particularly polite to pester the fairies of this place when she had first arrived - what right had she to ask them for anything then? And then depression had settled in and she had lost track of a few years… and then the sun had disappeared and it seemed like maybe the fairies might have other things to worry about than whether she could shapeshift or move things with her mind again.

But now? Maybe?

Anuya’s trip up the mountain in the early morning is half spent being winded by the climb and half spent in anxious excitement that she might actually get a little piece of herself back. Whatever she needed to do she was certainly willing to give it her best.

These fairies aren’t like her, she thinks - she’s probably got more in common with the regular flavour horses that you see walking around than these powerful beings. The fae she belonged to were just all pointy ears and the occasional trick - and it was one of those tricks she was hoping to get back.

She climbs until she thinks she’s gone far enough, until she’s dragging in deep breaths (wow she should have maybe moved around a little more these last few years). It’s difficult to string together words but she doesn’t think that particularly matters - which is good because the only word she successfully manages to get through her breathing is: Whew.”

Whatever these fairies are, they’re rumoured to be more powerful than she can imagine - and she thinks it would be convenient for her not to have to fumble through explanations. Or, if they don't mind waiting for her to catch her breath, she will explain her hopes of regaining her ability to move things with her mind.

oh, I see stars rushing through my mind, colours have no time to fade
    oh, I found out there's another side where the sea and sky collide

artwork by Skellri

Anuya is hoping to quest for limited telekinesis as part of her equus fae
    What right do any of them have, really? They come, relentless, and let the whims of the mountain decide for them. The starry mare comes forth, and gives her ask, and she is favored, today. The fairy appears, considers her.
    "You want to move things merely by thinking it so," she says, "but we want to make sure you're willing to do things the hard way, too. Go and move things with whatever skills you have now, and see what it's like, then come back to us."

Your quest was successful. In order to receive limited telekinesis, Anuya must post in two threads moving items/characters - this can be physical (e.g. pushed rocks around) or through other methods (e.g. convinced another horse to move somewhere else).

The entire time that Anuya was on her quest she expected to be told she was doing it wrong, but now she actually makes the trek back to the mountain to check for herself. Will her endeavours be in vain? Or will the fairy shrug and say ‘good enough’ and let her toss things around with her mind again?

She had enjoyed the task, had even made a few friends in the process. And while it's disgustingly true that was a reward in itself, she would still like what she had come here for originally.

---

Anuya is (hopefully) finished her quest!
    1. chased cloud sheep into a herd of rock sheep to scatter them
    2. tossed rocks into the river and got someone else to toss them too
    3. (as a backup) asked Gravitas to move his butt and he did

oh, I see stars rushing through my mind, colours have no time to fade
    oh, I found out there's another side where the sea and sky collide

artwork by Skellri

@Krav Fairy
    granted, please post in updates!