• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

: Saw you act unusual :
    If you want revenge done right, you do it yourself. I have no qualms with that ideal; being alone and serving my own interests has been a hobby of mine for some time now, and it suits me well enough. I’ve got a place to call home now that the sun is back in orbit, though I’m not sure how anyone would think of the Sylvian forest as your typical ‘home’. Wasn’t a warm and fuzzy sort of forest, you know. More dark, dismal, and dank - nothing like the island I grew up splashing around in while hitchhiking on Aedan’s good graces.

I liked the place anyways. It had a way of growing on a horse, just like the headmistress or “queen of doom” (as I liked to think of her) did. Sabra was one hellcat of a crazy bitch and I liked her, for all her obvious flaws and … strangeness. The golden woods suited her just fine and she seemed neither annoyed nor happy about my being there, so I took it as a sign I could stay. Best of all, she seemed the kind of mare inclined to havoc and mayhem which, again, suited me just fine.

‘Cause I had some mayhem to stir up.

I’d tracked her down slowly - the palomino with a touch of gold who’d tried her nerve against mine a few years ago before the Eclipse. Things like finding specific horses on a water-logged continent like Beqanna weren’t exactly walks in the meadow. I couldn’t just go out flying one day and magically discern where she lived from pure luck, but after months of searching I’d started to contemplate climbing that damn mountain and asking for something like that. The sun coming back helped a little, at least. Every scared ninny crawled back out of the woodwork at the first sign of springtime food, and then not a season later they were all back at it: humping like damn rabbits as if the apocalypse hadn’t just been narrowly avoided.

It’d cost me a few droll conversations, but one miserable evening when the cloud cover was gray and the wind was a bit chilly I’d gotten my big break. Another buckskin had sworn up and down the mare I was looking for belonged to Pangea, so I’d given him the benefit of the doubt and decided to meander down that way for a little look-see. Then I waited. A while later, the weather had warmed a little and the sun was just beginning to lay down for a good long nap when I caught the familiar scent: something like an awareness wriggled inside of me too - I’d brushed that soul before, and the sensation had my black mouth curling up.

“Gotcha now, goldilocks.” I thought, eyes flashing as I took to the sky. When I found her down below, I didn’t hesitate. I knew her from our last encounter and stretched the willing arm of my dark magic out to try and grasp her fighter’s spirit in the arcane paw of it, dipping low out of the sky in attempt to possess her body lightly at first, just enough so she’d know who it was and maybe take her off her intended path a step or two. Then, when I was sure that she felt it, I thudded down to land and threw back my head, letting the orange color of my pupils flow unnaturally to every corner of my eyes and sending a good measure of my bodily strength out too so I could rear the hand of possession back and slap her with it, hard. No escaping this time, dirty girl.

“You’re coming with me.” I thought, trying hard to pour my wretched soul into the limbs of her body so that I could move them against her will and guide her forcefully back to Sylva.

Narcisus

Narcisus is attempting to steal @[Aela] for an entire BQ year
    [Image: decgetu-410f2b50-f05d-4438-bd4c-5d54e999...4Ft1YXr36M]

YOU'RE ONLY AS SICK AS YOUR SECRETS

Aela feels it.

There is a stirring in her soul, an unease that prevents her from enjoying what otherwise would be a pleasant late afternoon. The sun has begun to set, the day had so far been fair. The palomino stills and lifts her refined head, as if the feeling might be found by the finally-blooming Acacia trees. Her blue eyes narrow but nobody is near (at least, nobody she can see on the ground).

It makes her tense. It makes her stop where she is.

There is an emotion surrounding her that is not her own and something in her knows that whatever is, it is supernatural. What she feels does not come from some bystander, from some nameless horse that jumps from shadow to shadow. It comes lightly - as if it wants the awakening to be slow and not yet realized - but she finally moves, leaving the small nook of redstone that she had stood just moments before. The steps are mindless and ambling, unusual for the striped mare who usually walked with confidence and purpose. Wherever Aela traveled, there was a reason for it. She went to the River for a drink; she ventured towards the Common Lands to better hone her abilities and to keep current on Beqanna politics and gossip. The few places she traveled within Pangea - to visit with Beyza, to see how Kensley fared, to check on Kota and her new sibling - were because they were the few horses that she wanted to see.

The thud and backlash of magic - one that she has felt before - come quick and she throws her head back in reply.

Oh, she remembers him. There is no forgetting the buckskin who thought himself so unconquerable that he dared to mettle with Aela. He is one of the few that had retaliated against her and so she remembers him almost instantly. Her pale lips would curl and her delicate ears would have pinned in her fine, light-colored mane if she had control of them. There are a few steps more that come forward but Aela slows them as best she can, not making it easy for the pegasus to force her to move. (It is much as it was before; Aela's soul is a twisted and defiant thing and it writhes in protest, always attempting to escape the power that allows him to control another.)

She's been dragged forward enough that he can hear her. That she can see the glowing ochre of his gaze.

"Miss me, casanova?" she manages to say though her quicksilver voice is strained, struggling against the power he wields. It's at that moment that she tries to confuse him; the memory is simple: daylight. But it is the first dawn after the Eclipse, after nearly a year of living in darkness. Those first few moments of sunlight had been almost blinding to eyes accustomed to seeing in the dark, While it won't last long, Aela hopes to disorient him long enough to drown him in sorrow or despair.

Anything bleak, really.

He looks far too confident - abuses his gift too easily - and Aela doesn't mind reminding exactly who he is messing with. She considers it an act of kindness to remind him.

@[Narcisus]
    Narcisus: 5

Aela: 12
    Aela's extra roll because of the entity: 13

Aela is not stolen by Narcisus