• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [mature]  If you hurt me I wouldn't cry [Cheri]

The light that meets the dark

Cheri had never expected the level of commitment she mustered toward proving him wrong. She’d never pictured herself toeing this line between chaos and order, never imagined that her reaction to this situation would’ve been to dig her heels in, but here they are. Carefully, she watched the way he circled her through the tall meadow grasses, noticing the tight coil of layered muscles dancing and jerking over his wide-sprung ribs each time he took a lengthy stride. She hoped the prolonged glaring disturbed him, but doubted it. Admittedly, Cheri herself had never been so scrutinized before - at least, not that she could clearly remember. Her measure had never been put to the test, nor weighed in exactly the same way it was being calculated now. Like him, she wondered what kind of thoughts were running back and forth between his ears. At the very least, she begrudgingly entertained the notion that despite all of his loathsomeness, she rather liked the way he stared.

At least he wasn’t shy when it came to expressing himself. “A trait learned.” She thought hotly, picturing him doing the same song and dance several times before this one with other, more illustrious mares than her. This was different; he clearly despised her. She could feel those red eyes of his burning her from every angle, branding her unfairly as she dipped her head to drink, always there when she went back to look. Steady and constant, they mocked her from afar and drew her further into a state of fixation, powerful enough in their own way that she followed them and their leader deeper into the Pampas territory.

Beneath her hooves the ground felt surreal. Cheri went from walking on steady earth to floating on clouds in the matter of a few minutes; absurdly, she tried her best to appear collected, knowing all the while that every now and again her step would fall in the incorrect place and she’d sway, comely and inebriated, through the tall blossoms. Her head felt cotton-y, and she surprised herself by how sharply her tone contrasted with that sensation before she, too, took a deep whiff of the pollen-rich buds. “I thought you were joking - you weren’t serious, were you really?” Her laughter was exactly like the chime of crystal clinking together, and she did nothing to stifle it. “Your name is really Obscene.” The winged mare stated, then burst into more delicate chuckles once she drunkenly realized the double entendre.

She would’ve continued baiting him by offering a fake apology for his bad luck but when she tilted her head to look at him, there he was again: staring her down so intensely that the laughter slowly died on her tongue. “Oh,” She thought disjointedly, “he’s really something, isn’t he?” Even in her current state of mind Cheri was bewildered by all of those dark, dangerous angles. He seemed to float above the earth in wavy lines of black color, blending into the scenery except for those damn eyes. Molten, they washed over her - leaving the young mare to flutter her lashes against the high rises of her proud cheekbones.

“I thought you wa … I thought you wanted me gone.” She muttered, confused by his question. “To leave. You said earlier …” Cheri hiccuped, stopping herself. What was he on about? “I’d just fly, fly away like a little bird.” She thought, sighing to herself with a half-smile.

@[Obscene]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: If you hurt me I wouldn't cry [Cheri] - by Cheri - 05-07-2021, 11:45 AM