• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'm going to light it up

Taiga had lots to discover these days and Yan was happy to discover them with Maze in tow. Ever the obvious type, he doesn’t try to smother the giddy expression that accompanies her acceptance of joining him on the hunt for new flora or fauna. Yan moves off into the redwood forest with a purpose and a pal, and he only looks back or aside to gaze at the pale mare when they’re speaking to one another. Otherwise he’s intent on finding something a bit more rare - some creature he’d heard only showed itself when moonlight was present. Tonight seemed the perfect night for it.

“So he’s closer now? Good.” Yan stated rhetorically, ducking under the soft bristles of a silvergreens colored pine needles. From the sound of it, Mazikeen felt the same. He understood: it was important to have your loved ones nearby, especially in a world so chaotic and rife with unseen dangers as theirs. Nothing ever went to plan and even things that did often had unexpected results. It made the heart less frantic when a horse could know they weren’t alone, and Yanhua himself is a firm believer in the concept of “stronger together”.

“Oh Maze - that’s wonderful news!” The chestnut paused in his journey, resting along a worn-down ridgeline of trees and jutting stones. He knew the hesitancy in her voice, could feel the echo of her worries reflected back on him as memories of a time when he’d been nervous himself. It felt necessary to him that he should give her an iota more of attention in this moment, to impress upon her the joy that such an occurrence would bring into her life no matter what. “From the bottom of my heart I congratulate you both. I do have young ones, old ones too if you can believe it despite my age.” He chuckled, trodding off again now that the conversation had turned to his private life.

“Five now - the same as Nashua.” He rumbled mockingly. The twin he loved so dearly and yet, the same brother he felt most eager to keep up with. “Two from this past season and three elder ones.” He sighed, bittersweet. “I could swear just yesterday I was a foal myself. Now I can’t imagine this world without them in it. They’re … amazing.” He smiled to himself, breaking out from the treeline of evergreen woods to come across a small, trickling stream of water. Up above them, the black sky was like a tear in the canopy showing hazy stars and twisting planets. Their largest and most prominent moon cast her silver glow over the stream and tinted the black world with her light, so Yanhua dimmed his in response.

In the hush of the night, blue orbs flickered above the water. Lunaflies - a rare species of magical butterfly - hovered and dipped above the water's surface in search of mates. They danced through the pewter beams and gleamed with a bluish-purpilsh tint.

“How does Gale feel about fatherhood?” He whispered cautiously, interested to learn more about this half-sibling who everyone seemed to admire and love so much.

YANHUA
    Image by Ani2ad

@[Mazikeen]

Messages In This Thread
    I'm going to light it up - by Mazikeen - 05-01-2021, 01:05 PM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Yanhua - 05-03-2021, 02:44 PM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Mazikeen - 05-04-2021, 09:35 AM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Yanhua - 05-05-2021, 01:52 PM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Mazikeen - 05-06-2021, 03:16 PM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Yanhua - 05-10-2021, 09:12 AM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Mazikeen - 05-12-2021, 02:39 PM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Yanhua - 05-16-2021, 12:31 PM