• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'm going to light it up

Taiga, the North, and all her inhabitants would not be who they are today if not for the solid foundation laid after years of conflict. It took tragedy and heartbreak to mend a broken land, strength and trust in one another to bring the North into the light it was these days. Hardship after hardship came raining down on them, bitter conflicts for power and total destruction at the hands of their neighboring Kingdoms, but the warmth of this community is so much sweeter now. Maze and Yanhua observing the Lunaflies peacefully is a testament to that.

If it was anything Yanhua could promise to soothe Mazikeen’s hesitations, (whatever they might be) it would be this: that she will never be alone in a time of need. That despite the torrid past between Yan’s mother and Gale’s father, family is family - no matter what.

In the twilight hours of the night with the moon spinning high above them, Yanhua smiled encouragingly at Hyaline’s Alpha. Her worry over the future to come is understandable, even if Yanhua has little to no idea about the much deeper, much more concerning issues she and Gale will face. He thinks it only right to share with her some of his shortcomings as a father, because despite the picture painted for the outside world to see, nothing is ever perfect.

“It’s both for me. All day every day. You worry for them, try your best, and despite how much you love and want the world for them, you’ll disappoint them.” He cautions with a distant-sounding sigh, remembering how many times he’d done so in the past. “I lost my twins at the beginning of the Eclipse. They could’ve died, easily. Borderline - my first wife - she left me and took my eldest daughter with her when she found out about my relationship with Amarine. I missed out on so much of Mem’s early childhood because of that.” He revealed to her.

“But I never gave up, and neither should you.” He smiled again, shifting to bump her pale shoulder lightly before gazing back out at the Lunaflies and their mating dance. “Your children, Gale, your Kingdom … they’ll remember that more than they’ll remember your shortcomings, Maze.”

YANHUA
    Image by Ani2ad

@[Mazikeen]

Messages In This Thread
    I'm going to light it up - by Mazikeen - 05-01-2021, 01:05 PM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Yanhua - 05-03-2021, 02:44 PM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Mazikeen - 05-04-2021, 09:35 AM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Yanhua - 05-05-2021, 01:52 PM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Mazikeen - 05-06-2021, 03:16 PM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Yanhua - 05-10-2021, 09:12 AM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Mazikeen - 05-12-2021, 02:39 PM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Yanhua - 05-16-2021, 12:31 PM