• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'm going to light it up

The secrets other horses keep are theirs to hoard. Yanhua has enough to burden his heart, losing his mother and having a rough time during the eclipse as it was. If Maze had truly confided in him, he’s not sure he could be as supportive a shoulder as she perceived him to be - he thinks he’s only helping her in the natural way a father should. Had he known what Gale was beginning to show signs of, she might’ve found a much angier, much less appreciative horse standing in his hooves.

Perhaps it’s good that she doesn’t. Perhaps it’s best that Yan keeps himself blocked off from the perception of one’s memories, out of the kindness of his heart.

“They worked out in the way that things are supposed to, not exactly the way I would’ve imagined or hoped.” He chuckled softly. “And you’re welcome. I’m truly glad you decided to visit. Taiga is open to you and yours whenever you’d like.” He murmured, slipping pleasantly into the quiet afterwards like one slips into a dreamless sleep.

The night and her moonlit glow are enough of a wonder that speech is unnecessary. Together they stand, white against chestnut, taking in the rare sight of what wonders Taiga had given birth to since the return of the sun. Once or twice Yanhua smiled, noting the odd patterns of flight or finding himself amused by a few Lunaflies bouncing off one another, as if to say: this is mine! Back off! They were curious creatures, strange additions to an already strange world.

“Mmhmm.” He confirmed Maze’s question, keeping his tone low and soft. The Lunaflies had given them quite an audience but now the croaking of invisible glass frogs could be heard; in response to their natural predators, the glowing blue insects began to rise higher into the sky as if to disperse themselves back into the redwoods. “I call them Lunaflies. They’re odd little things, only coming out to flitter in the light of a moon.” He hummed gently.

“Taiga has been showing an increase in mythical phenomena since the Eclipse ended.” He told her, taking a step back from the small stream’s edge. “Now we have giant mushrooms sprouting up, glass-skinned frogs, and most of the critters who were here before are now exhibiting signs of magical alteration. Squirrels, birds, smaller rodent species … they’re growing needles and showing fur that’s more like lichen or even bark.” Yan explained as he padded softly back the way they came.

“You’re more than welcome to explore and observe as you see fit. Hybrid species are appearing as well, some that I believe will need culling in order to maintain a healthy ecosystem.” The glowing goaticorn smirked kindly. He’d tried before to offer an excursion to the past Hyaline Alpha - a shifter, though he knew nothing of Maze’s ability - and had been more or less ignored. Perhaps, if Maze still had a few predators wandering in her mountain realm, she could send them north to deal with the Mammoose prey and the deadly, dangerous burrows of the spider wolves.

YANHUA
    Image by Ani2ad

@[Mazikeen]

Messages In This Thread
    I'm going to light it up - by Mazikeen - 05-01-2021, 01:05 PM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Yanhua - 05-03-2021, 02:44 PM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Mazikeen - 05-04-2021, 09:35 AM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Yanhua - 05-05-2021, 01:52 PM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Mazikeen - 05-06-2021, 03:16 PM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Yanhua - 05-10-2021, 09:12 AM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Mazikeen - 05-12-2021, 02:39 PM
    RE: I'm going to light it up - by Yanhua - 05-16-2021, 12:31 PM