• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  A certain darkness is needed to see the stars [Gale]
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

The Curse smiles at Ciri lack of attentiveness, turning Gale’s mouth up in a handsome expression, then shaking his white-maned head.

Gale had been much stronger when he had met the black mare, with the Curse only able to fight its way free in the dark when Gale was distracted by sleep or powerful emotion. The Curse had little control back then, but now Gale is the weaker one, emerging only when the Curse is bored.

It finds Ciri interesting, with her sad story. Like Gale, the Curse enjoys stories, and it wonders if telling hers will make the star mare cry.

It hopes so.

“Do you mind me asking...” it begins hesitantly, like Gale would. “Who was he? The chestnut stallion in your memories? Did he live in Hyaline?”

@[Ciri]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: A certain darkness is needed to see the stars [Gale] - by Gale - 05-19-2021, 05:40 PM