• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  A certain darkness is needed to see the stars [Gale]
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Gale would have been enamored by her theory of different times existing in different worlds, and probably engaged in hours of speculation with her on the topic. The Curse simply nods its head and shrugs in acceptance. It does not always have the patience to accurately imitate its host, and this is one such occasion.

The night is too near, and wasting the twilight in chatter grates at the edges of its mind. Gale grates too, grates and scratches and claws for an escape. The Curse quiets him.

Ciri asks if he can see the future, and the Curse adjusts Gale’s face in what it knows is a handsome and knowing smirk, accompanied by a playful twinkle in his blue eyes.

“I am sure there are some things,” it replies, thinking of the way it is unable to take as many shapes as the Alpha and the lack of flames or ice or lightning to bend to its will. There are a great many powers in Beqanna, and while its host has impressive ones, the hunger for more remains.

Ciri is still looking content after hours spent in Gale’s company, something the Curse has found indicates some attachment. It had arrived too late to degrade the relationship between Mazikeen and Gale, but perhaps it’s not too late to help this friendship implode.

Slowly, it tells itself, they have all night.

“I’ve brought some of the entities to Hyaline,” it says. “One of them is Straia’s tree. It tells the future sometimes, if you look hard enough into the flames.” Gale is impressed by the entities, and it shows in the tone that the Curse uses.

@[Ciri]

i dont know where this is going but i guess we’ll see lmao

Messages In This Thread
    RE: A certain darkness is needed to see the stars [Gale] - by Gale - 05-23-2021, 06:52 AM