• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  it's like we're on our own to figure it out | mazikeen
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

The Curse smiles as she brightens, pleased that its pointed words have found their target, and wonders why it hadn’t revealed itself to her earlier. This is a marvelous way to pass the time. Does she fear the children she carries are not Gale’s, it wonders? Is the disgust clawing its way up her throat, is it eating away at her? It can only hope.

She snorts at its feigned generosity, which does spoil some of the joy. But the Curse has known she will be a hard one to break, and that an Alpha is unlikely to cave easily. It has time, it thinks as she makes her demands, it has until late spring. Longer than it had thought, but it had hidden deep down inside Gale when they’d gone to the magician. Too deep for the magician to find it, but also too deep to hear what might have transpired between Mazikeen at the mage.

It is ready to tell her that it will take the nights when she begins to shift.

Even with their pupils blown wide, the bright fire of appreciation in Gale’s blue eyes grows as she changes. It does not know this shape, but it enjoys the wickedly curved beak and the sharp claws, the branching horns, and the way her muscles move between this shorter coat.

There is enough of the lioness in her hippogryph form to appeal to the lion in his, and the Curse steps closer. Her light is bright but does not burn, and as she tells it that the children will be worth it, the Curse laughs with delight.

They certainly will be.

“I will take the children,” it tells her with a smile of self-satisfaction, “And the nights.” Another step closer, so that the dim glow of its brindle striping is consumed by her brighter light, and a firm press of its blue muzzle against her shoulder so that she might feel the teeth beneath those blue lips.

It would be delighted if she flinches away, but to be sure, it adds softly: “But only if you let me have you now to seal the deal.”

@[Mazikeen]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: it's like we're on our own to figure it out | mazikeen - by Gale - 05-06-2021, 07:01 AM