• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  oh, if they dusted me for prints

Elegance can no longer see the obscure shapes that hang near her sister's side. Her infrared vision only works for short periods and so she can't see the way that they continue to grow. What she can see is that Luminesce - who is always so steady and almost always so certain of herself - is skittering this way and that. There had been a scowl on Ellie's face moments before but genuine concern softens and then eventually chases the expression away.

There is nobody who gets under her skin quite the way that Luminesce does; but then, there is nobody who knows her as well as @[Luminesce] does.

She continues to look at Lumi that way until her twin snakes her head back to her. And in the typical fashion of their youth (what one sister did, so didn't the other), Ellie's white ears flatten in a mimicking reply. The young pegasus huffs in return, "I was -," she bites her lip before explaining quickly, "Well, there was the volcano in Tephra and I just wanted -" But even as late and dark as it is now, there is no missing the feathers sprouting from Luminesce's shoulders.

Oh. She thinks for a moment, almost dumbstruck at the realization that her sister was growing... wings.

How were they going to explain this one to their always worrying father?

Her blue-green eyes are still watching changes happening at her sister's sides until she hears the waver in Lumi's voice. They snap back to look at her, fixing determinedly on the planes of her twin's lovely face. "You always had a choice," Ellie says in a fierce whisper, suddenly remembering that they had three young siblings nearby. But what did she know about that choice? She had been born with wings like both her parents, like all three of the the triplets had. Softly, she bumps Luminesce on the tip of her white nose.

"You didn't like...," she asks hesitantly, realizing where her sister must have gotten this gift from. Her head inclines to the wings still-forming at her back, "Offer up your firstborn child or one of the trips for them, did you?"

ELEGANCE

image credit to insane<3

Messages In This Thread
    oh, if they dusted me for prints - by Elegance - 05-02-2021, 12:14 PM
    RE: oh, if they dusted me for prints - by Elegance - 05-15-2021, 01:04 PM