• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  oh, if they dusted me for prints

For Luminesce, it had been the only option that made sense. Simply contenting herself to be somehow less than the rest of her family had never been an option she could have lived with. Despite the stories they had all heard, the whispers of their wrath, there had been just as many of their benevolence. Lumi had climbed that mountain, heart in her throat, praying that if she asked kindly enough, they would be kind in return. And they had been.

She most certainly does not appreciate Ellie’s questions however. Her frown deepens, brows furrowing as he glares at her sister in poorly masked consternation. Of course she knows magic can be funny, as her sister put it. But she’s quite sure the fairies wouldn’t pull any mean tricks like Ellie is suggesting. They wouldn’t.... would they?

Lumi lifts her small wings uncertainly, flaring them before flattening them once more against her ribs. She huffs, shaking her head to rid her thoughts of the horrendous suggestions her twin had just made. “Of course they’ll stop growing,” she argues with far more confidence than she feels. “Maybe you’re just worried they’ll turn out better than yours.”

She sniffs haughtily then, doing her best to hide the laugh that suddenly wants to rise. She doesn’t for a minute believe they’d be somehow better, but it is amusing to imagine her sister green with the same jealousy she has felt since they’d been little. Not to mention the joke that Ellie had basically just begged she play on her. Without looking at her sister, she tilts her chin as her neck begins to grow ever so slightly, lengthening by infinitesimal millimeters until it is noticeably longer. “And I’m positive they did not give me a longer neck.”

Luminesce

@[Elegance]

Messages In This Thread
    oh, if they dusted me for prints - by Elegance - 05-02-2021, 12:14 PM
    RE: oh, if they dusted me for prints - by Luminesce - 06-02-2021, 11:56 AM