• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i know i've dreamed you
    “I’m tired of Tephra, of the quiet.” Crowns had said abruptly the previous morning. She’d studied him with silent green eyes and watched him for some clue of the thoughts behind his brilliant blue eyes. But there was only the hush between them, then. Sabbath had let it stretch out for a while longer before giving a shrug of her scaled shoulders.

Should we just uproot the entire family and migrate on a whim, then?” she asked him, intending to dismiss his childish complaints until his face lit up with excitement. The harsh scowl of her face had softened so easily, and she gave a sigh as she turned to face her other children. Katarine only blinked up at her, intrigued by the conversation but uncommitted to any possibilities in store for the clan.

Now, in the golden light of morning, they arrive in Nerine en masse - Crowns, Sabbath, Varick, Riptide and Katarine. Vulgaris and Leliana and their entire brood form a small herd of their own, all chattering away and smiling at the thrill of such a sudden move.

Her children waste no time rushing off to explore, but Sabbath finds herself breaking away from the group to admire the cliff’s edge. The wind is harsh against her cheeks and it pushes her forelock from her face, revealing the red dapples around her broken horn and the wild green of her eyes when they catch the sun. She already misses the thick humidity of the jungle. Still, she can never deny her children whatever their heart desires. Her ear swivels to catch the sound of Varick approaching and she turns her head to face him. There is the briefest upturn at the corner of her lips that anyone else would miss.

Do I spoil them, you think?” she asks with a defeated laugh. They both know the answer. Crowns had asked for his father when he was ill and she had never let Varick leave after. Their marriage is owed entirely to her maternal weaknesses. She nips gently at his cheek when he comes close enough and then settles beside him.

Varick, do you know what I like best about you?” she asks more seriously now. Sabbath pauses just long enough to cut him off if he tries to answer, “You’re unlike anyone I’ve met, before. You don’t ask anything of me, you don’t try to change who I am. You never have.

She keeps her eyes trained on the way the waves crash into the cliffs far below them. Her voice is sterile and she’s careful to keep the words from coming out soft or revealing any of the emotion behind them. But then her shoulder leans into his and her muscles relax, just a little.
    may my enemies live long                                  so they can see me prosper.
    sabbath
    @[Varick]

Messages In This Thread
    i know i've dreamed you - by Sabbath - 05-02-2021, 07:15 PM
    RE: i know i've dreamed you - by Varick - 05-06-2021, 12:37 AM
    RE: i know i've dreamed you - by Sabbath - 06-02-2021, 09:30 PM
    RE: i know i've dreamed you - by Varick - 06-16-2021, 02:19 AM
    RE: i know i've dreamed you - by Sabbath - 06-22-2021, 10:42 PM