• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Even when the light can't find me [Any]

a bright and dangerous spark

However small, there’s still a very strong desire within Cheri to become a master at her craft. She knew it was rude to be so blunt with Ledger, having only just met him and puzzled out his reasons for existing on the fringes of courtly life, but what she desired to become meant that she would have to face several uncomfortable situations. To heal one’s self was a thoughtless act: it came as naturally as the pain that prompted it. But to heal others? That was a selfless craft, and Cheri was hellbent on being the very best and brightest at it. From the mundane to the morose, she wanted it all - and that meant she was going to face setbacks on the journey there.

If he refused her, she would understand.
    It wouldn’t stop her though.

“You make a good point.” The younger mare relented without further prodding. His concerns were something she’d thought about too: Cheri could easily get hurt if she pushed herself or her patients too fast, too soon. And dabbling in the dark recesses of a damaged mind was no fool’s game either. If she dug too deeply she’d run the risk of getting lost herself. The mistakes, when presented to her, seemed to obviously outweigh the risk.

But Ledger was hopeful - at least that’s what Cheri thought she saw lingering beyond the fog in his eye when he looked her way. Curious, if anything. She’d be a terrible liar if she denied that her heart grew wings at that moment, fluttering with anticipation that he just might be willing if she could prove to him that he shouldn’t worry. Her face betrayed her inner feelings, blossoming slowly into the beginnings of an encouraging smile before she answered him.

“Then I won’t.” She promised him. “We set our boundaries here, now, before I take a look underneath that tough bearskin.” The appaloosa failed to entirely disguise her eagerness by sounding professional. A wink slipped through anyhow. “I’ll give you a little shot of what I call the ‘good stuff’, and that should reflect any lingering damage back to me when I do. No real connection - just a glimpse of what else there is to mend.” She offered him, take it or leave it.

The ‘good stuff’ was a replenishing dose of her magic. A quick, potent dose of her energy that reinvigorated the body and left a horse feeling entirely refreshed and pleasantly awake. It did wonders, (or so she was told) and required very little effort on Cheri’s end. She would hardly deplete her mana giving Ledger a taste of it, and she even gambled he might be asking for more in the future if their little experiment fell short.

“What do you say?” She tempted him.
    Full-sized image link

@[Ledger]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Even when the light can't find me [Any] - by Cheri - 06-15-2021, 08:34 PM