• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

All that matters is the time we had [yanhua]
    Leilan
    Something happened, alright. The magic he had been feeding Borderline started to quite literally take on a life on its own, though he only knows how to speed up the process, and dared not to change it. Something indeed to do with her immortality, and her plant healing skill. To him it seemed like sowing the seed or a dying redwood tree to create a new one, but for Yanhua, looking only on the outside, it must seem quite weird. This is confirmed when the golden chestnut blurts out his question - did Leilan turn his wife into a plant? Well, no -not really. He starts to shake his head, but refrains from any true answer when the bulbous flower grows larger and larger, taking up his entire attention span - and magical energy.

Molten silver eyes watch the process with understanding, ignoring most of Yanhua’s emotions because he cannot process them all at once and aid the flower into regrowing the dapple and blue mare. From the outside, perhaps he looks stone-cold compared to Yanhua, but he doesn’t care about looks right there and then. It’s fascinating to see how magic is warped and combined to work as something new, yet not entirely new. It is still Borderline in there, and it is Borderline who comes out - albeit a little less greyed-out than this morning.

When the process is completed, a new, unscarred young version of the mare asks what happened, and the ice scaled stallion blinks away the silver color in his eyes as he lets go of the magic and Taiga’s cold mist. His attention however is drawn to Yanhua’s jerk-back behaviour, and it’s only because he had recently still been a shifter that now out of nowhere a dragon-wing appears to steady the stumbling mare when the chestnut retreats. ”@[Yanhua],” he says in a warning tone. ”It’s called immortality,” you moron, he silently adds - though his tone probably already implies it.

Good grief, does he now have to explain the weird works of Beqanna’s magic to Yanhuaof all people?
    old, but I'm not that old
    young, but I'm not that bold

@[Borderline] all yours ^^
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: All that matters is the time we had [yanhua] - by Leilan - 05-21-2021, 04:12 PM