• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the shadow proves the sunshine; vastra

let my shadows prove the sunshine

“I like it,” he confesses with a gentle shrug, though he knew that Vastra couldn’t care less about his approval. Despite the out-of-place way she glitters and shines, he does find it quite becoming on her. Svedka fails to mention this part aloud, as he would much rather keep that to himself than for her sequestered rage to come fully apparent (at least not yet, for though her rage is wild and unpredictable, even he cannot forget how it spurs most - if not all - of their couplings).

She admits her anger towards him and he appears aloof, leaning back slightly to peer at her from the tangle of his brilliant white and blue forelock. “I’d be worried if you weren’t,” comes his casual reply, accompanied with the quirk of a single brow and the softest smile traveling across his pink mouth. He’s reminded of where he had actually been in his disappearance (a place he cannot rename or recall, a void of nothingness) and there is a solemnity that taints the otherwise bright eyes of the milk-and-honey stallion. “Not even the earth swallowing me up would keep me safe from your wrath.” There is laughter in his voice, though the truth of his disappearance lays heavily within it.

Her ferocity - though mulled for the time being - makes Svedka, oddly enough, feel grounded. He has truly returned (not only created a dream for himself) and Vastra is living proof of it. The sting of her teeth against the curve of his neck is enough to appease whatever doubts he may have had, the soothing balm of her lips warmly pressing into the same spot bringing a trembling sigh from his now-parted lips. The honey-gold skin of his neck shivers, his nostrils inhaling deeply her familiar smell. A deep nicker reverberates in his chest as he embraces her, resting his cheek against the tawny of her sloping neck.

“I think that’s the closest you’ll admit to liking me out loud.” Svedka laughs into her neck, nibbling heatedly. She has shown him her affection in other ways, of course, but talking had never been their go-to for displaying emotions. Despite this, the stallion does not dive in - much like her, he is hesitant and cautious, for even he does not know how much time has truly passed between them. Nothing seems out of place, of course, but a multitude of things could have occurred while he slept just beneath the ground. “What have I missed, besides your touch?” A smirk, devilish and purposeful, presses into her throat, humming gently as his eyes close.

svedka

@[Vastra]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the shadow proves the sunshine; vastra - by Svedka - 05-16-2021, 11:23 AM