• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  she rules her life like a bird in flight

And I know it's true that visions are seldom all they seem

oh me oh my, i thought it was a dream...

The rainy season in the tropics. She holds her bright scaly face to the wind and pattering rain, facing the lapping waves of the eastern coast. She’s been here for some time, ‘ruling’ with Islay, whom she hasn’t seen again since the day the place was handed over. She’s sure that her partner Chieftain  is doing the same as her though, exploring, enjoying their home – and also patrolling for danger and intruders. It’s so quiet in Islandres, the contributing factor to their sudden inheritance of this paradise; there is no one here but them. It’s not quiet as far as sound, but as far as activity. It is so quaint, wild still, its most raw self shining brightest at all times. Nothing political to distract anyone, or anything aggressive, only a peaceful and pretty existence among Beqanna’s usual chaos.

Tonight the moon is crescent, but still radiant, grinning silver and devious. The gray clouds spitting misty rain try to snuff the light, but it hardly works. The small storm, gentle and moving quickly, will pass soon and the moon with light the world up again, leaving everything dripping and glistening after. It is a serene night in Islandres, like most nights here, and she wonders if she might see Islay – or anyone.

Fenwe

@[Islay] or anyone at all. Fen's just enjoying a nice gentle misty rain and some moonlight on the beach <3

Leilan
    Winter in Beqanna would from now on come with Leilan teleporting everywhere. As he thinks of where to go after Loess, he is already moving; skirting through empty places in the common lands, until he wonders about Islandres now that Gale is gone and - ”Ah, oops.” It’s warm here, he’s going to need to swim back probably.

It’s not a bad thing altogether; he can still sense magic in Beqanna, even if he needs to siphon some of his reserves by using the ice that covers his body naturally. The scaled draft-hybrid moves along the shoreline casually, no need to jump away this instant. He had after all been curious about this island.

Rounding another rock by the sea, he finds the teal roan, gold-spotted and it makes him wonder. Pretty, yes, but aren’t all his offspring? No, the fun thing is that it’s through Aodhán’s lines, and he hasn’t seen the culprit for years. Nevertheless that’s not something his granddaughter would know, and completely beside the point of his being here.

”Good night,” he greets the young mare, curious about her reaction to his appearing. He’s not wet, but doesn’t carry wings either, and perhaps that looks a tad suspicious to her. One can only wait and see.
    old, but I'm not that old
    young, but I'm not that bold

@[Fenwe]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

And I know it's true that visions are seldom all they seem

oh me oh my, i thought it was a dream...

From the mists emerges a body, and then a voice. Fen may have been alarmed, but the shimmer of his scaled body, for whatever reason, makes him feel like he might be more familiar to her than she realizes. Perhaps not a stranger? Maybe a distant relative? She does step back a little, adjusting to face him, smiling tentatively while she looks him over. He’s massive, and, she looks to his frosty surface – not wet from swimming, and appears to have no wings for flying. Her smile fades just a bit. A small spark of suspicion threatens to turn to flame while her eyes rove over his face. She wouldn’t know someone could recognize her by her genes, by her father’s golden spots she hails, or the brilliant scales covering her body.

It is.” she likes his observation and it makes her cast a loving look toward the moon’s illumination. The clouds dance over, but are lit from the inside when they do, and it mixes so well with the subtle sound of crashing waves against the dark sands. “Where did you come from?” she inquires, not unkind, but steadily serious in tone. “I do hope you plan no harm here, stranger, so I may welcome you with warmth instead of readying for battle.” She doesn’t like to be foreboding, but she wants no mistake either. Islandres is protected, a sanctuary, and those who mean harm are not welcome.

Fenwe

@[Leilan] ♥

Leilan
    Truth is, Leilan is new to the magic, and it definitely helps that she looks familiar - dragon scales, golden spots, even the roaning in itself is at least somewhat suspicious. It's enough to trigger a subconscious trace of her bloodlines, much like he knew Aela was Lilli and Bane's child. The young female is fond of her spot by the sea, he can tell, and by the peace that one finds in the night and moonlit waves. Her 'it is' does not disturb the ambiance, but her follow-up question does.

He smirks, then dips his head. "Depends if you mean immediately or not, but assuming the latter, it's Icicle Isle. Name's Leilan." He tilts his head to look at her scales again and shrugs it off. "I'd ask the same question under different circumstances, perhaps. However, I've recently been gifted with a handful of magic." His eyes gleam in the moonlight just as much as the icy scales do before he continues. "So I find that we're family." He smiles a little, hoping to be reassuring as he lets his eyes drift towards the rest of the island. "Have you lived here long? Who's in charge?" He wonders - he wonders a great many things, for example where exactly his son had disappeared to, but since he doesn't seem to be around, Leilan doesn't think to ask. In fact, he's not entirely sure that there aren't a great many others in the world by now who might be grandchildren or further down the line, and it's not like he owes them. But, he's curious about the discovery. Perhaps he'll meet some more of them.

He'll definitely develop some favouritism, he thinks. But that's not a problem right now.

@[Fenwe]
    |

Mmm,” she hums quaintly, threatening to smile, but does not for now. “Leeei-lan.” she says his name slow, repeating it back to him with her own fluttery accented voice. Her eyes catch his eyes and she looks away shyly, letting her bright gaze dart to the gleaming scales across his frosted body. They’re like her scales – dragon scales. They differ slightly in size, shape and color, but they’re of the same material. His next statement catches her by surprise – “Family?” her head tips to the side, her long hair flowing with the ocean breezes as they move between the two equines. Her glow brightens and she swishes her long pretty tail, stardust sparkling away from it as it disturbs the night air. “From my father’s lineage, I assume,” she smiles now, hoping it’s appropriate and that he might be saying this in a positive light.

I’m Fenwe,” she takes a deep breath and draws her head back to stand a little taller. “Chiefess here, one of two, and family is always welcome.” she repeats the name of the place he said he was from, letting it sink into her mind. “Well, Leilan of Icicle Isle; kin of mine,” she wrinkles her nose at him, smiling politely still, “Pleasure to meet you.

@[Leilan] Heart

Leilan
    She muses over him, both after his introduction but also after his revelation. It’s endearing and amusing in a way, to see her study him and then come to the same conclusion - he nods. ”Yes, he’s my son. Always wondered where he’d run off to.” Somewhere tropical was quite a change from Icicle Isle, but he can appreciate the idea. ”Gone again, isn’t he?” he makes a shrugging motion, smiling a bit to indicate it doesn’t matter right now.

”Then I guess congratulations are in order,” he continues after her proclamation. ”I myself just stepped down a bit, but I can still guarantee a friendly connection with the north. If you have a need or wish for a tighter relationship or terms, I’m sure we can arrange it as well.” His tone indicates that he doesn’t expect an immediate answer or request, so instead he watches her curiously, then moves the topic forward. ”Perhaps we can take a walk? If you have any questions for me, let me know, or we can explore a little - or have you covered every inch yet?”

@Fenwe sorry it took a while <3
    |