• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

where the sea and sky collide

Once again Anuya experiences wing envy when Noel unfurls those impressive limbs and takes her knees right out of the danger zone. Maybe Anuya should be questing for wings! She’s only briefly annoyed at this thought, of course, because her laughter still comes from her in loud bursts as she runs and does her best to avoid the panicked rock sheep. There are a few bruises but the panicked creatures soon subside - forgetting why they had been running or maybe just getting right over it.

Anuya runs a little further - wanting to make sure there’s a decent amount of space between her and the sheep before stopping plus when she hears Noel’s voice from above she looks up and laughs yet again.

“A few bruises but they’ll survive for another day!” She reports back happily, finally coming to a standstill. Her breaths are ragged and deep but it’s a joyful sort of feeling. Each one feels exhilarating and she glances back to observe the damage they had done. The sheep, both kinds, certainly had moved. A few scuffles were still breaking out but the herds were starting to separate once again.

Her turquoise gaze looks for Noel, her grin bright “Thank you! I’m not sure that’s what the fairies had in mind when they set me on my quest but it was... effective.” To say the very least!

oh, I see stars rushing through my mind, colours have no time to fade
    oh, I found out there's another side where the sea and sky collide

artwork by Skellri

@Noel

Though this had not been the diversion Noel had in mind when she left the Taiga earlier, she feels almost as though it was the one she had needed. The white pegasus has never had much skill with friendship, and this chance meeting with a stranger has connected them in a way she rarely experiences. She could not say if she would ever see this woman again after today, but she is glad to have met her.

Wings flaring, she lands near Anuya, her movements efficient rather than elegant. She had never bothered to perfect the art of graceful landings or takeoffs despite the practice she’s had.

As her wings settle, she turns to survey her companion with a bright gleam in her normally quiet gaze. The smile still lingers at the corners of her lips as she sees that Anuya indeed appears as hale as she had said. “Hopefully a little longer than a day,” she teases, a rare camaraderie in her voice.

When the star-strewn mare turns to thank her, Noel is baffled for a brief moment before dipping her head slightly in response. She had never imagined she might be thanked for such a simple, nearly nonsensical plan. “I was happy to help,” she replies after a brief hesitation. “I hope the fairies grant you what you are seeking.”

- noel

@Anuya we can end this here if you want unless you want to add anything to wrap up the thread <3