• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  What can be won by deception [any]
    I can't help but raise a brow at the declaration that runs gravelly from the creature's beak. Home, is it? I'm certain I've never seen this hybrid wandering my trees, have never caught the scent of musky cat and dusty bird mingled in quite this way. She is new, and a stranger, but I hesitate to strike at her. 

She is unique, in my knowledge. Interesting, in a way that so few are. I can afford to keep such an oddity around, for a while. There is a feralness that seems to show no interest in being tamed. That can grow tiresome, but we'll see. Stepping to the side, I turn my head in consideration of the feathered face. 

And then she speaks again, with that mouth that seems to resent the task of forming words. It's enough, though, to bring an answering smile to my own cold lips. So we do have something in common. How odd. "That can be arranged," I say with a soft laugh, eyes brightening in the sunlight. Too bright, when I shrug one bejeweled wing. "However," my gaze travels the ring of this grove, as I feel my engagement slipping. 

"You want to live here? You want the freedom to hunt, to prowl, to live as you like? Fine. There is very little I ask of my friends. Only loyalty. Your unending, unquestioning loyalty. Give me that, and you can have everything your little bird brain desires." It is the offer I give them all. My protection, my home, in exchange for their hearts. The next best thing to their love. 

@Manikin

Messages In This Thread
    What can be won by deception [any] - by Manikin - 05-16-2021, 05:50 PM
    RE: What can be won by deception [any] - by Sabra - 05-17-2021, 10:37 PM
    RE: What can be won by deception [any] - by Sabra - 06-09-2021, 05:22 PM
    RE: What can be won by deception [any] - by Sabra - 06-29-2021, 09:23 PM
    RE: What can be won by deception [any] - by Sabra - 07-02-2021, 08:59 PM