• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you get murdered first for once

can’t stop staring at those ocean eyes. 

Sabal manages to bite her own tongue before almost instinctually replying ’I know,’ when Gale confirms his identity.  Although with his current state of amnesia or whatever maybe it wouldn’t have made much of a difference. Maze had told her that the curse was more violence oriented than anything…and this iteration of Gale certainly wasn’t violent.  This did nothing to help Sabal’s current state of indecision, and her current track record for good decision-making was not skewed in favor of ‘good’ lately. FML.

The diversion of the conversation to her heritage is the perfect (temporary) diversion.  “My mom was a nereid, my dad was a kelpie. I ended up with her looks and his teeth,” she said, with a little laugh and a wider smile – showing off the sharply pointed teeth that were rather uncharacteristic of her nereid sisters. “Best of both worlds,” she added, with a flourish of her tail. 

But it was clear this very pleasant, very superficial conversation wasn’t getting them far because that cloudy look returned to Gale’s face. The mirth left her face as she watched the frown cross his face, and the sensation that something far beyond her understand was wrong was just…unshakable. Well…obviously she knew something was wrong with him.

“Ummm…” was Sabal’s very eloquent response to his mention of Breach. “Well Breach is, um, like kinda dead. And has been for awhile now,” she said, nervously chewing on her lower lip. But the image of Maze flickered into her mind and Sabal visibly brightened.

“You do remember!” she breathed, without stopping to think about the words that escaped her. Oops. Her eyes widened for a moment, but finally she thought what the hell – she needed to rip off this bandaid one way or another. He wasn’t rampaging around Hyaline or anything, like, bad. “Mazikeen. You’re looking for Mazikeen. Maze. She leads Hyaline now. She’s my best friend and she’s your…” She lets her voice trail off, because she’s honestly not sure what to tell him.

“She’s important to you,” is what she settles on instead. 

“Do you remember…anything else about her…?” she asks, knowing that if he doesn’t he will probably have like, a million questions. And whoa boy will she have answers.

s a b a l .
    manip by squirt

@[Gale]

Messages In This Thread
    you get murdered first for once - by Sabal - 05-18-2021, 09:40 PM
    RE: you get murdered first for once - by Gale - 05-19-2021, 07:05 AM
    RE: you get murdered first for once - by Sabal - 05-19-2021, 10:01 AM
    RE: you get murdered first for once - by Gale - 05-21-2021, 07:08 AM
    RE: you get murdered first for once - by Sabal - 05-24-2021, 04:22 PM
    RE: you get murdered first for once - by Gale - 05-24-2021, 09:50 PM
    RE: you get murdered first for once - by Sabal - 06-03-2021, 10:18 PM
    RE: you get murdered first for once - by Gale - 06-05-2021, 07:33 AM