• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  go ahead and say death is a thief.
    wu
    go ahead and say death is a thief

Is there an innate fear in being alone? Does silence and solitude truly carry with it a trepidation? Wu had been ‘alone’, in a manner of speech. But a soul can only be in solitude for so long without tasting the bittersweet tang of insanity. So he created his own cache of creatures to correspond with. He became friends with the things that did not quite speak like him. He created his own version of ‘never truly alone’. (Although just the existence of another soul nearby does not quell the crazy). Perhaps Wu had been truy alone, without another being to understand, respond, and react.
    Wu hears the eagles’ cry and twists an ear inquisitively. This was a bird he was not intently familiar with - for he knew the calls of each feathered being that lay await in the woods. Perhaps this was a new type of creature that only resided in this newfound place he stepped into. There was too much too different - too many things he was unaware of, unfamiliar with, unsure of.
    The eerie bone mask is cracked with a sly smile, and Wu inwardly tracks through the features he knows - the leer of the night things, the doe eyed expression of newborn babes, the head cocks of the birds watching from the trees. This expression that lay on Insanity before him, was not one he could for certain decipher. He knew what a smile was, of course (because yes, he had smiled to himself in those dark woods) - but what did it mean? What thoughts lay lightly on those upturned corners? What was roiling behind those ocean-sea eyes?

The man speaks again - riddles that seem to twirl before Wu, but they unfolded into a language perhaps only those not-quite-sane understood. Certainly the stallion was here now, and perhaps his there was Wu’s (but no - Wu would have known if there was another in his woods). “Where is your elsewhere?” Everyone must have one.

Bored. Wu had known boredom briefly (or perhaps it was much, much longer). But when one is left to their own devices, and their own twisting, turning, downward falling mind - boredom does not stay long. Did this stallion quench his boredom the way Wu did? Was Wu entertaining enough for him- in all his peculiarity?

“I don’t know of anything else to be disappointed about. This was the place the Trees lead me to, I just listened. I do not know if I want to be here, but I cannot be there any longer.” Maybe the stallion would understand - maybe beneath the luminescence and the ivory and the grandeur, maybe he understood what it meant to not be able to stay. “Do you understand?”

@[Reave]

Messages In This Thread
    go ahead and say death is a thief. - by Wu - 05-20-2021, 08:45 AM
    RE: go ahead and say death is a thief. - by Reave - 05-20-2021, 09:53 AM
    RE: go ahead and say death is a thief. - by Wu - 05-20-2021, 11:45 AM
    RE: go ahead and say death is a thief. - by Reave - 05-21-2021, 08:45 AM
    RE: go ahead and say death is a thief. - by Wu - 05-21-2021, 10:42 AM
    RE: go ahead and say death is a thief. - by Reave - 05-21-2021, 12:41 PM
    RE: go ahead and say death is a thief. - by Wu - 05-21-2021, 02:02 PM
    RE: go ahead and say death is a thief. - by Reave - 05-24-2021, 09:49 AM
    RE: go ahead and say death is a thief. - by hanna - 05-25-2021, 09:25 PM