• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I've watched you change [Any- Chaos Week]

Nikoline
    Amidst the mists and coldest frosts,
    with stoutest wrists and loudest boasts,
    he thrusts his fists against the posts
    and still insists he sees the ghosts.

There is an exchange of words after an angry (too pretty to be so angry) nearly barrels into them with anger and a rush of heat. She is utterly infuriated that they are they. Nikoline does not understand what is going on as she looks from the stallion then back to the mare. Her dark eyes are moistened and wary and she begins to take a foothold back, her wooden point hovering above the soil.

She catches goe the rooted male is spittign maggots and foul breath at the pastel female. They know one another and Niko is but a stranger who happened upon them at the wrong time. Perhaps she should go, turn and leave before she became the collateral damage between two angry equines but she can not muster her body to move. She urges her body with everything she has to return to the safety of her plants but she feels locked in place.

They exchange poisoned words like knives that slash the space between them. They dance a dangerous waltz of toying sentence fragments. It is only when Gryffen reaches to stroke her petals does his caress shock her into remembering. "Gryffen...", his name is a feral grown from between her gritted teeth that startled even herself.

She remembers. God help them all, she remembers.

"Not again." And she is turning from his touch, shrinking inward and striking out with her own head. Now she regains the control over her legs and stumbles away from his reach. How could have forgotten? Of her home in Eternal, of the Deserts...of Solomon. She can feel the splinters in her heart and to see his face...not the worms and rot, but his actually existence, makes her ill and woozy. 'Don't touch me, you bastard." The mare manages between gritted teeth. She can not hold back and spits at his feet. "Harbringer," she snorts, "did you summon me here? Why can I never be rid of you?" There is blatant disgust on her voice, the other mare temporarily forgotten.

Speech, @tagged

TABLE BY CISSY, ART BY ELDAFER

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I've watched you change [Any- Chaos Week] - by Nikoline - 05-22-2021, 06:49 PM