• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  golden winged ship is passing my way
    she brought the sugar and the mint

Minah may be the spitting image of Aletta, but it was Maren who gained all of their Glam’s fire, all of her ferocity. Minah may harbor Aletta’s eyes, may wear that coat of dark dapples that have changed beyond the black of her coat, but she had Brynn’s heart at the root of it. Soft, quiet, contemplative. While Maren lusted for adventure, Minah was content to watch the world pass her by as she built sandcastles and made bouquets. (and friendships bracelets she has place around Maren’s wrist.)

So it would seem strange to see the twin of grey than her dark counterpart.

Minah has done her best to try to forget many things about her childhood. The fact that they had been uprooted from their home, that her parents had passed away too soon. Sometimes, she could almost succeed, those cold desert nights with Maren wrapped around her, and Jay had come to visit. Liam was home and Tarian had not yet left. She can almost make it, can almost forget.

But Minah is no liar.
    Not even to herself.

“Picture the River, and follow it, Orani says it will take you to Tarian,” Maren told her with a touch upon her dappling shoulder. “I wish you were coming with me,” she admitted (was it an admission still if this was so known?) “I know,” is all her twin says. Minah wanted her to say ‘I wish I was too,’ but it never comes. With a pop, her sister transports her from one realm and into another by the way of the winds. And with a spring breeze, Minah finds herself at the water’s edge.

Water.

It feels as if it has been so long since she has seen such a thing and of this great a size too. Suddenly, she is young, so young and her heart races with a wild adventure because maybe after all, she was still her father’s daughter. She runs alongside it, laughs and giggles, steadily silvering hair whips out behind her (“you’re like moonlight pouring from the heavens.” He told her.)

The sun is warm.
    The water cool.

She whispers a secret into the babbling surface and prays to the winds it is carried to her brother. Like a game of hide and seek she tells it “ready or not, here I come.” But the sound of the steady rise and fall of warm, slumbering breath makes her realize, Tarian is not the only one hiding today.

@[Chemdog]

Messages In This Thread
    golden winged ship is passing my way - by Chemdog - 05-24-2021, 06:57 AM
    RE: golden winged ship is passing my way - by Minah - 05-25-2021, 05:06 PM