• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  keep thinking about those angel eyes

YOU'RE ONLY AS SICK AS YOUR SECRETS

Aela's head tilts slightly at the mention of coy but she makes no apology for it. She is who she is and even as she flashes a simpering smile to her sibling, the palomino has no atonement in her lovely expression. The golden eagle settles behind Reave but the golden mare has leveled her gaze on her half-brother. "Nothing I do is without purpose," she reminds them both.

Her smile curves slightly, because no accomplice would know this better than Reave.

For everything he sees, he won't fail to miss that every horse that Aela interacts with serves a purpose. She leaves nothing to chance. Every conversation, every action started by the palomino has a desired reaction and the striped girl is attempting to place dynamite all across Beqanna. A spark here, a flare there. All of it is kindling for what Aela considers the flames of destiny (though perhaps not the literal flames as the Pangean warlord Ghaul once prophesized; a multi-kingdom war would suffice).

There is a glimmer of concern when Reave describes the future as a delta that spans out. A flood instead of the flames that she has always envisioned.

"Then I will trust you to guide me in the right direction," Aela says, though her voice lacks all the earlier assurance. She braves the next part of the conversation because it wasn't just her future that @[Reave] was speaking of; it was all of Beqanna.

For as much as she worships herself, Aela manages to sound reverent when she asks: "What have you Seen?"

Messages In This Thread
    keep thinking about those angel eyes - by Aela - 05-26-2021, 05:16 PM
    RE: keep thinking about those angel eyes - by Aela - 06-13-2021, 05:09 PM