• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  keep thinking about those angel eyes

i am the mace, the map, the fall and the high

He expects no apologies from her and would be disappointed to receive them. Just as he would not truly expect her to change her most natural defense against the whims of the men in her world. But he is not them, and so finds no pull in the sweet simpers and coy glances she so habitually gives. Her allure is not in her pretty face or rounded hips, nor is it in the implications of what that might normally mean for a red-blooded man.

No, he rather pities the fools who had fallen prey to her seductions. He knows there have been no small few. Do they know they’d been taken for the lusty idiots they were?

He grins at her reminder, though it is quite possibly the last one he needed. He quite understands the purpose as it were, but so long as she heeds his reminder as well, he hardly cares if she is desirous of keeping her wiles sharp.

As her intrigue grows in the wake of his admission, he watches her curiously. Prophecy is a strange and ill-humored thing. It rarely works as one imagines it will, rarely treads the paths one expects. Reave has thus far avoided offering anything that might sound prophetic, though he easily could. He would not be taken for a fraud should he be proven wrong, as prophets so often are. And in the end, only time would prove which is true and which is false, not his own sense of what someone may choose.

In this at least, Reave too easily recognizes his own fallibility. And he is vain enough to wish not to play the fool’s fortune teller.

“Many things,” he replies cryptically. Nearly a repeat of what he’s already admitted. But if he is to share his insights, she would understand completely just how changeable they still are. “You should know I can’t tell which is right or wrong, I can only guess which is more likely.” He tilts his head then, eyeing her openly, lips fixed in a wry twist. “I could tell you how you and I stand and watch the world ignite and fall into chaos.” He pauses. “And I could tell you we are not what we thought we were and fall into the cold realm of the forgotten. Both would be true.” The twist lifts into a faint grin, blue eyes gleaming ominously from a glowing skull. “Does that trouble you?”

reave

@[Aela]

Messages In This Thread
    keep thinking about those angel eyes - by Aela - 05-26-2021, 05:16 PM
    RE: keep thinking about those angel eyes - by Reave - 06-14-2021, 11:54 AM