• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I watch them break, divide, the rich and deprived; Elliana

i am the mace, the map, the fall and the high

They wash around her, her memories, flotsam on the tide of her life. He watches the way they shaped her, breaking on her banks as they carve new paths, slow and steady and impossible to deny. They do not always make sense, but not everything in life always makes sense. He knows however, if he is patient enough, they will weave themselves together, puzzle pieces that fit just so as they click into place.

If only he is patient enough. A hard task for a wild youth such as Reave, to be sure. But perhaps one day he would ask about the lion and the farewell that eats at her heart.

Reave too has secrets, but the secrets are not his own. He is finally growing to understand the reticence of his grandmother. The reasons she shared so little of herself. He had inadvertently walked in her very footsteps as he sought to understand his abilities. And he had inadvertently discovered that this world houses dangerous secrets in droves. Does he risk revealing them and become the messenger they love to shoot, or does he hold them to his breast like a miser, waiting for the day they might be of the most use? Or does he do neither, and hope he is not destined for Heartfire’s coldly indifferent fate himself?

This is one of his lesser concerns for the time being, overshadowed greatly by that of his missing mother. But it had stolen a place in his thoughts nevertheless, especially after his accidental intrusion into her thoughts through Aela’s unsuspected tether.

Like Elliana, he is a tapestry made up of the experience of his thus far short life. It grows by the day however, adding new patterns and whirls in the most unexpected places. New shapes to explore that he never would have imagined. Just like hers, twisting and turning in all the most unexpected places.

“I don’t think I’m meant for flowers,” Reave replies easily, shoulder twitching as he imagines them wrapping themselves around his bones. His voice is light now, full of humor. “But maybe one day you’ll convince me otherwise.”

He follows her into the shadows, curious at her assertions. It takes him a moment to find the words to respond, poetic and honest as hers had been. “That’s a lie,” he replies bluntly, his voice surprisingly melodic despite the harshness of the words. “Even the smallest things can make a difference.” A small half smile flirts with the corner of his lips as he eyes her speculatively, blue eyes glittering with unnameable thoughts. “I have seen it.”

As she begins to draw the shadows out to weave around his bones, Reave watches with an unmasked curiosity. No one has ever offered to heal him before, and the process fascinates him. So caught up in watching is he that he is almost startled by her question, causing a laugh to break from his throat. “My family has been born of shadows for generations,” he replies frankly. “The Taiga is filled with creatures made of shadows that glare with yellow eyes.” His grin widens. “They are my cousins.”

reave

@[Elliana]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I watch them break, divide, the rich and deprived; Elliana - by Reave - 06-07-2021, 08:57 AM