• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I watch them break, divide, the rich and deprived; Elliana
    I knew her for a little ghost
    That in my garden walked;
    The wall is high—higher than most—
    And the green gate was locked.

“So you say,” Elliana says. She concentrates, those blue eyes cast downwards as she becomes amazed at her own skills. She didn't know how she knew she could do this, could help him. She just knew.

She laughs. “I guess I am a miracle baby,” she offers with a roll of her shoulder before another answer. “Love is disobedient.” It is the simplest answer she can give, and yet it feels the truest, she is faintly aware of the echo of her mother in her voice, and blinks the sound of it away. She understands it, not the lies, or the secrets, but she understands having a feeling, something inside your chest you cannot control.

She is restless, but she has always been restless. Wanderlust courses through her veins, has been her family's to hold since the dawn of time when the first of her ancestors gazed out across the endless ocean for the first time. Today, it is hers however, and she cups it in her hands gently, like a baby bird, examining it from every perspective in the hopes that its confusing depths will reveal some of its secrets to her. Of course, wanderlust has its own idea of the situation and it will adhere to that code lest it be what it is not. Elliana may have been the only member of her family though that had actually enjoyed it. Because she was the one who had no worldly ties to any place, any of its people, no, not anymore. Maybe, when she had been small—but maybe not even then. All that existed of her relationships has blown away on the breeze and while she cannot resent them for leaving as she had done the same, she cannot quite force herself to forgive them for leaving her (thoughts of Aeneas still causes her skin to sting). But especially Po, of all people, her godfather, her mother’s best friend, he just left, with Thana and the twins to hunt gods without another word…or a goodbye. That hurts worst of all. She had pocketed that wanderlust for so long and it is only recently she has set it loose.

And how it has flourished.
    Like her mother’s garden.

(Tonight, she will wonder if the sunflowers bloomed again this year.)

She turns that beautiful dark head away and somberly stares at the clouds in the sky that peek through the branches. He has shadows in his family too.

Come with me

She breathes a long, contented breath and pivots to face him, pirouetting like a graceful ballerina, a faint smile on her lips, though it promises to tilt either into a frown or a grin. “And I am just supposed to trust you? Some stranger by the river?” Elliana asks him. “Like I said, you assume too much, Reave.”

She steps out of the shadows and casts a glass blue eyes in his direction, an invitation for him to take the lead. “Though, maybe this once your assumption was right.”
    "Speaking."
    |

@[Reave]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I watch them break, divide, the rich and deprived; Elliana - by Elliana - 06-15-2021, 09:40 PM