• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  Distance never made me stronger [Nashua]
    Nashua had known for some time that Leilan considered him his heir. He just thought that there would have been more of it. First, his mother had vanished as the light returned and after she hadn't come back, the Freyr became more determined to find her. Nash has formed a triumvirate of sorts with his brothers - Yanhua who is the Guardian of Taiga and Reave who is the Guardian of Nerine.

While he is confident in the abilities of his brothers to lead, Leilan had still been their protector. He'd been a Magician and before that, a dragon. Nash is neither of those things and will have to depend on the bonds of family and the Northern ruggedness that has gotten them through so many travails. The North needs horses like Ciri, willing to call this place and willing to serve it to survive.

And the Isle is one of the harshest places in Beqanna to do that.

The newly-appointed King of the North takes a moment to appreciate her stars. When he had been a younger pegasus, Nash had always enjoyed his night flights the best. Sometimes the moon hovered so close that it seemed like he might just pass it. "Well, tell me something of yourself." He questions the Thane. Perhaps he should say something of himself first. "I was born in Taiga," he tells her and starts to move down the dark pebbled beach. "Which my brother, Yanhua, now leads. And I spend most of my time there." He continues to explain (just in case she were to ever need him and not find him on the Isle), "It's where my children and their mother reside."

He leaves enough space in their conversation for Ciri to speak, with whatever she wished to talk of. Nash has always been a curious horse and the battle-marked mare beside him was very intriguing. How had she come by them?

There was a story there. And as the Freyr peers curiously over at his companion, he wonders if she might reveal some of it.
    [Image: jCdBK6.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Distance never made me stronger [Nashua] - by Nashua - 06-23-2021, 02:20 PM