• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  forget the sun in his jealous sky
    i was alone, falling free, trying my best not to forget.
    He exists as a songbird on a blossoming tree, for now. His tiny eyes blink as the other birds around him begin to chirp and welcome the dawn with one another. Spirit, however, does not join in their joyful choir. There is very little for him to rejoice over, these days. But he enjoys their company and the way they spend each day in exactly the same way. They call to one another, they gather seeds, they preen one another, and then they sleep. It is perfect in its simplicity.

His attention is drawn to the stranger making her way to the border, then, and he takes a few short hops toward the end of the branch he perches on. It’s hard to tell who is actually a new person and who is not when everyone you know is a shapeshifter. But he’s almost certain this one really isn’t from here, and so he spreads his little blue wings and flitters to the ground. Slowly, his feathers are traded for a black and blue coat and his bones grow until he is himself again. The talons shorten to hooves that carry him closer to the girl.

Welcome to Hyaline” he calls as he closes the gap between them. His bright green eyes glance over her one last time to be sure he isn’t embarrassing himself and greeting an old friend like this. “I am Spirit. Are you a shifter looking for a pack?

He tilts his head then, curious and still somewhat bird-like in his mannerisms.
    @[Elliana]

Messages In This Thread
    forget the sun in his jealous sky - by Elliana - 05-29-2021, 11:02 AM
    RE: forget the sun in his jealous sky - by spirit - 06-02-2021, 10:18 PM