• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  sometimes it's all I've got to spare

Mazikeen in her multiple forms is feeling the echo of a racing heart in her chest, though something is off about the feeling. Something isn’t right but in this place, running from this hunter, she can’t remember… She just thinks she’s going to choke on her new furious heart if it keeps this up. That is if she’s not caught first. Because Mazikeen knows without needing to think about it that if she’s caught, this heart will be torn from her and the world will go dark again.

The panic causes her shape to flicker with each step and she doesn’t know which one is going to make her safe.

Just when Mazikeen thinks she’s not fast enough, just when she knows who it is behind her, just when she thinks she’s going to get caught, the dream changes. Warmth brushes against her skin and Mazikeen’s pace quickens for a few paces before it slows. Before she recognizes what it is to feel safe and then her new heart slows too, easing into a steadier rhythm as the dark forest is traded for a summer day.

She blinks a few times when she comes to a standstill, alarmed and relieved at the contrast between where she is now and where she had been a moment ago. This is not a place she recognizes, not even in her nicest dreams, and it takes her a moment to stop focusing on her surroundings and look at the mare who greets her.

“Thank you.” She says even though she does not really understand how this is happening, eyes drifting to those large drooping flowers and how the air seems to sparkle. In this dream, she does not have all the scars she has in life or her twisted horns but she still feels… out of place here. “I’m Mazikeen. Or Maze, if you want.” Because it would feel odd to stand on too much ceremony with someone who had just taken her from a nightmare.

She's not quite sure what to say next so she just says what pops into her head. “This is much nicer than where I was.” It is nicer than where she will wake too, but Mazikeen doesn’t want to speak of such things lest they drag her back into the nightmare, where she will eventually falter and not be fast enough to outrun what, who, had been chasing her.

@[iridian]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: sometimes it's all I've got to spare - by Mazikeen - 06-08-2021, 06:06 PM