• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I love to gaze into infinity [Gale]

Ciri

He scowls and she realizes that she’s never seen Gale annoyed, displeased, or upset before. It doesn’t fit, that ugly frown on his lips. It really clicks then, how terribly wrong he's acting, when no recognition flits across his face, the electric blue of his eyes looking at her blankly. “We met here Gale. This exact spot.” She had chosen to wait here specifically for that reason. He doesn’t seem to remember. That slow crawling dread begins to rise quicker within her but still she is looking for answers inside her own head, to justify why Gale was acting incredibly out of character. She had been a broken thing when her heart had been split between Amet and Castile, perhaps he was just angry with whatever had happened with Mazikeen? Perhaps it was something else entirely…

Before she can truly try to root out the source of his strangeness, something breaks from the tree-line behind him. Just where he had been staring moments before stands an incredibly large deer. There is only a breath, a quick sharp inhale and exhale, as the stag turns its angry gaze at them. Then it lowers its head and all twelve points on those majestic antlers as it charges straight at them.

Whatever is wrong with Gale will have to wait as she pushes past him to meet the challenge head on while barking a call of warning. It all happens so quickly that she doesn’t notice how Gale doesn’t seem bothered in the least, how he doesn’t react in the way she would expect from him. All her focus is on this stag (unusual behavior from such a creature when autumn was still a few weeks away) as she quickly tugs on her hold to the stars and pulls them down around her. She had been training with her shield for so long now that it comes as second nature, a natural reflex to bring the swirling nebulas and little bright gas balls of stars to come revolve protectively around her as she braces herself for impact. The silver swirls of her eyes churn angrily and perhaps her power feeds off her confusion regarding the entire situation as there seems to be more stars then nebula this time. Billions of little things that cover her from head to hoof in a brilliant sheen of light, mixing with the ones that she calls companions, as the antlers come to crash into her body.

They find no purchase, her shield as solid as any other. There’s an added bonus (millions of degrees of heat and energy) formed in each of those little stars and the pointed tines come away singed and melted, no longer a threat of impaling anyone. Perhaps looking so closely at so many stars could hurt a normal equines eyes but they don’t bother her at all as she seethes behind the light of her shield and readies herself for another attack.

all of time and space, everywhere and anywhere, every star that ever was

@[Gale] Let me know if I should change anything!  Tongue

Messages In This Thread
    I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Ciri - 06-02-2021, 09:55 PM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Gale - 06-03-2021, 09:02 PM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Ciri - 06-05-2021, 02:57 PM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Gale - 06-10-2021, 11:20 PM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Ciri - 06-11-2021, 01:20 PM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Gale - 06-18-2021, 10:12 PM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Ciri - 06-19-2021, 12:51 PM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Gale - 06-20-2021, 11:05 PM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Ciri - 06-23-2021, 11:27 AM