• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I love to gaze into infinity [Gale]
    [Image: Ciri-Photo-Manip.jpg]

The stag crumbles before her into nothing but bone and ash. The skeleton clatters against each other as it falls into disarray before them and she feels her stars start to leave her as her anger turns into confusion. She breathes heavily as she tries to make sense of what had just happened, as flickering embers still float in the air around them. Her swirling silver eyes can’t seem to move from where they have rested on the charred antlers. It makes her think of the Leshen with the antlered skull, it’s empty sockets and eternal grin looming down at her from the twisted roots of its body before it slashed at her.

A shiver works its way down her spine as Gale’s voice breaks the pregnant silence and the last of her star shield vanishes back to the heavens from which it came. Almost dazed, she turns to look at him. He seems.. satisfied. Pleased. And there’s a horrible question forming in her head but she still can’t bring herself to say it. She just stares at him, blankly, as he asks about the Isle and its Dragon King. “Leilan?” She says thickly, still unable to process what had just happened. Her adrenaline begins to fade leaving her trembling slightly despite the mugginess of the air. “I’m not sure. I haven’t seen him since I first came to the Isle. Nashua rules now.”

None of this makes sense and none of this feels right. Her confusion begins to churn into something else, something more similar to what she had felt when throwing her stars up around her in the face of a charging beast. “Gale, we were just attacked by some…magical deer thing and your only thought is what I’m doing in the Isle?” She turns herself to fully face him, the bones behind her catching in the moonlight. Her mercury gaze something colder and harder as she stares directly into his electric gaze. “Tell me what’s going on with you. Right now.”

@Gale

Messages In This Thread
    I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Ciri - 06-02-2021, 09:55 PM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Gale - 06-03-2021, 09:02 PM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Ciri - 06-05-2021, 02:57 PM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Gale - 06-10-2021, 11:20 PM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Ciri - 06-11-2021, 01:20 PM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Gale - 06-18-2021, 10:12 PM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Ciri - 06-19-2021, 12:51 PM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Gale - 06-20-2021, 11:05 PM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Ciri - 06-23-2021, 11:27 AM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Gale - 06-24-2021, 12:40 PM