• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  She's A Mercenary With Perfume - Reave
    Rune is clearly pleased by Cheri’s acknowledgement, the feathers of his crest ruffling as he clicks his beak in response. Reave ignores him, choosing instead to let the moment slide into obscurity. However she might wish to address him, he is still the same stallion beneath it all. No matter the words they might decide to use for it, that would not change.

As he watches her from behind the shroud of his bone mask, it becomes clearer with each passing moment that she had changed in her time in the south. He had too of course, but it seems they have found themselves pulling in two different directions as they each followed the whims of their hearts. But beneath it all, he is still the same boy who had led her into secrets and adventures.

He tilts his head as she responds bluntly, the grin slipping from his lips. It is replaced by something far more serious. It is not a look he often wears and is made all the more dangerous for it. He doesn’t respond immediately, instead standing uncommonly still for once. For someone who is so constantly moving, there is a strangeness about the somber stillness of his form.

“We all have secrets Cheri,” he finally replies slowly, his voice low and clear. “Even if we choose not to acknowledge them.”

In a rush, his features seem to grow animated once more, feet shifting restlessly against the sand as the corners of his lips twitch. “But I wasn’t asking about your secrets Cheri.” His voice is brighter now, eyes gleaming with tempered humor. Perhaps she would find her mood further soured by his prying, but she could hardly say she didn’t know this side of him existed before today. After all, they had known one another their entire lives. “Only that I can’t help but notice how much of your memories seem to linger on a certain self-described prince.” His grin widens as he shifts to the side, leaving plenty of space to flee if that’s truly what she wished. “Or will you tell me I’m wrong?”

@Cheri

Messages In This Thread
    She's A Mercenary With Perfume - Reave - by Cheri - 06-10-2021, 09:09 PM
    RE: She's A Mercenary With Perfume - Reave - by Reave - 06-23-2021, 11:56 AM