• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

from the ashes a fire shall be woken | helion
    Helion had often hoped to see Moira again - eager to figure out a way to get her back for her small prank. He’d occasionally stuck his head below water whenever he was lurking in a pond or lake, or the ocean near Loess, and checked to see if she would come swimming up and say hello. He’d been rather disappointed to discover that he had not hatched, as she had once asked, and there were no shining metallic eggshells that he could show her as proof.

His had been just a regular, ordinary birth with a regular, ordinary twin that followed. Sure they had both turned out to be some sort of horse slash celestial body hybrids but still - no eggs.

A smile is easy for the horned youth to find when he recognizes her, still pretty - still looking a little out of place when she’s standing on land. They’re near the river, though, and he’ll have to keep an eye out for any more waterbombs she may send his way. Though in the bright midsummer light, a splash would not be totally unwelcome.

He ruffles his golden feathers when his silver eyes notice her looking, not immune to the joy that attention brings, and a warm laugh escapes him when he follows her gaze up to the sun and the sky overhead.

“Why Fish, I can go up there now if you’re that eager for me to be away from you. I can fly now.”  It was still a relatively recent skill that he had (almost) mastered but that still counts as far as he's concerned. And he doesn't need to tell her those specifics.
    HELION

@Moira

Messages In This Thread
    RE: from the ashes a fire shall be woken | helion - by Helion - 06-23-2021, 08:47 PM