• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

from the ashes a fire shall be woken | helion
    Although she hadn’t been actually singing, Helion accepts that her “Song” is an accurate enough description and he nods like he understands exactly what she’s saying - and maybe it’s only a little because he wants her to keep talking. He wonders what it would be like if she actually sang using it, and decides that might be too powerful. The whole Meadow might come flocking over and Helion thinks there’s only so close he can get to her without being rude about it. As it is, he’s already glancing around to see if anyone else is around - both wanting to share this beautiful noise with someone else and hoping no one else comes over to steal his friend.

She laughs, which is an equally enchanting noise, and although he doesn’t understand why - his smile brightens, glad that whatever is happening is brightening Moira’s day a little.

Without her Singing, Helion would have enthusiastically told her any nonsense stories without hesitation. Now, he pauses, thinking - trying to figure out which of them would be the best to share. Certainly not the one where he had been stuck in a tree while learning to fly, that was no good. Definitely not the one where he had been stung on the nose by a bee that had resented the fact that the flower it was on got sucked into Helion’s nostril as the colt slept. He had been swollen forever! It was hardly his fault that plants seemed to angle towards him when he was still for too long.

He’d like to impress Moira, as he takes another step closer when he begins to speak. “Oh you know, little ones here and there. No one’s dumped water on my head recently.” He tilts his head a little to the side as he says this, that smile of his still bright. “My family did move to Loess! Which is pretty neat. The sky is very big there and there’s these cool turtles that carry around plants and glow. I tried to catch one but my dad said it wasn’t very nice to try to keep it on land.” His silver eyes dance as a thought comes to him and he reaches out to nudge her playfully. “Kinda like you, I guess!”
    HELION

@Moira

Messages In This Thread
    RE: from the ashes a fire shall be woken | helion - by Helion - 07-02-2021, 03:03 PM